Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

BOAB

WCF

Help Support WCF:

jamiesmack

Are they all pretty much the same? I have a couple of liquidators and some other basic equipment but I wanted to get a decent BOAB for some interiors I have coming up.

Winters had an offer on an ettorre for £4.50 free postage to check that out mate see if it's still on.

Got two of the ninjas, they're all I've ever owned and they're great. Don't bother with the scraper bit at the front though as the blade rusts out in one day- dumb idea. And make sure you put a bit of tape over the top of the middle divider where the squeegee rubber touches or you will notice your rubber gettiing nicks in it very quickly. I was going through a strip a day before I noticed what was going on. I recommend doing this before you start using it as it will be nice and dry- gorilla tape is much better then normal duct tape.

I've only ever used Unger Classic and Ninja, both good but...I stopped putting two squeegees in the Ninja as I found when pulling out my applicator it would also quite often pull out the squeegee in the left handed slot causing it to hit the deck! So now I keep my other squeegee in the loop of my belt, although it can still happen occasionally with the one I keep in the ninja! (Right handed slot)

Does anyone else have this issue? Haven't seen it mentioned on the forum!

The ninja is a looser fit for the channels as it's designed for the ninja end clips

If you jolt around too much normal channels can bounce out

I still use mine though as i like it

The ninja is a looser fit for the channels as it's designed for the ninja end clipsIf you jolt around too much normal channels can bounce out

I still use mine though as i like it
So would the blue pulex boab be a tighter fit?

I do like the look of the ninja though but it does my head in when my blade keeps flying out of it :confused:

Thanks for pointing that out daveyboy. I didn't even consider the fact that it would be designed to accommodate the ninja clips! Just thought design fault.

Think the only really tight fit is the unger classic, other brands er also a tad bigger so they fit a sorbo channel. Only squeegee i cant fit in the ettore boab is a 6'' as it wil fall off with the slightest movement.

Got two of the ninjas, they're all I've ever owned and they're great. Don't bother with the scraper bit at the front though as the blade rusts out in one day- dumb idea. And make sure you put a bit of tape over the top of the middle divider where the squeegee rubber touches or you will notice your rubber gettiing nicks in it very quickly. I was going through a strip a day before I noticed what was going on. I recommend doing this before you start using it as it will be nice and dry- gorilla tape is much better then normal duct tape.
reminded me to get mine done right now then sainsbury pulled pork yum yum

I used the blue Pulex Boab for the first couple of years and ok though it is I found my squeegees were wearing and sometimes nicking in the middle despite putting duct tape where it rests. My new bloke uses the Pulex now with a shorter (12 inch) squeegee. After doing a bit of research on the forums I found the general consensus was the Unger Classic was the best for not damaging blades, I found this to be true due to the way the blade fits inside the Boab. My one criticism (and it's a big one) is I could drop my squeegee into the Pulex instantly, without even looking at it, the Unger I have to be far more deliberate (slower) and it doesn't always slide in first time and sometimes I faff around for five seconds or so getting it housed. Those wasted seconds don't sound much but when you multiply by hundreds of windows it really adds up.

I've got the ninja and have the same problem with one falling out while lifting the other. Need to do the duct tape trick but haven't as yet had any issues with nicks, starting to practice with my liquidators tomorrow

I've got the ninja and have the same problem with one falling out while lifting the other. Need to do the duct tape trick but haven't as yet had any issues with nicks, starting to practice with my liquidators tomorrow
Yep, if itsa fairly new one then you won't get the problems. I think the issues come when you used it a fair bit as the squeegee bangs and chews up the top and makes a rough edge which damages the rubber.

I like the blue moreman one, the clip stays on your belt, can hold two blades and the blue colour really stands out. It's a convenient one to get in my opinion.

Sometimes the Moerman slips off my Ettore belt it's a right pain, of I'm bending it gradually works up off the belt and it'll suddenly fall off.

Anyone tried the ninja channels in a normal boab?

My mate has and said every time he pulled the squeegee out the clip on the channel stuck and opened so the rubber fell out

Not a good idea

Sometimes the Moerman slips off my Ettore belt it's a right pain, of I'm bending it gradually works up off the belt and it'll suddenly fall off.
It depends on the belt I guess.

I just wear a nice comfy D buckle belt and the moreman clip that comes with the bucket fits snuggly.

I havent taken the clip off since I put it on and I've been using the Moreman BOAB for almost a month now. Like the feel and the look of it.

Latest Posts

Back