Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hourly Rate

WCF

Help Support WCF:

£29.10 an hour thats my average for this week.

Wind and rain hasnt helped tho!

I am not full time tho, i could if i wanted to. But sorting the business this year, ready for next year /emoticons/wink.png

If your doing a terrace for £8 in 10mins that's £48 per hour.. Your example of the wfp guy @ £12 does 2 more an hour than you which would be 8 houses and would equal £96.. I'm sure he could squeeze in a front for £4 to top that up to £100 per hour..

Or did you mean you do 3 of these 10min terraces an hour? If so what are you doing for the other half an hour?
it was just an example, they take 10-15mins, and i generally average 3-4 an hour, the rest of the time is taken up with travelling between jobs, having the odd *** break etc. thats the thing tho im being realistic, yes i could do 5 an hour , but i dont, not every hour, and the op asked for average hourly rates.

He is working out what wfp guys earn an hour /emoticons/wink.png
lol, listen i dont have a problem with wfp in general, my problem is when someone new to the industry comes on the forum asking what they can realistically expect to earn per hour and people start saying 'if your wfp you can earn £100 an hour', it helps no-one.

it was just an example, they take 10-15mins, and i generally average 3-4 an hour, the rest of the time is taken up with travelling between jobs, having the odd *** break etc. thats the thing tho im being realistic, yes i could do 5 an hour , but i dont, not every hour, and the op asked for average hourly rates.

lol, listen i dont have a problem with wfp in general, my problem is when someone new to the industry comes on the forum asking what they can realistically expect to earn per hour and people start saying 'if your wfp you can earn £100 an hour', it helps no-one.
That's a fair comment!

Most I have achieved is probably £70 an hour. On a £140 job.

That's a fair comment!

Most I have achieved is probably £70 an hour. On a £140 job.

As explained before customer has a choice to pay the price quoted or not.

It's more expensive to run a WFP business than a trad business.

If the customer doesn't want to pay the price then they not pay it.

Average hourly rate for me is £30 -£40 WFP for the hours I work.
That's why some wfp charge more. It is much more expensive to run then trad. Hence they charge more.

If want to know what your true working hourly rate is, work out the total amount of hours you put in, in a year and divide that into your total yearly turnover. No point in working it out on individual jobs, day’s takings, a weeks or even months, it has to be ‘for the Year’

Include all your hours as well; paper work, travelling, marketing, quotes, ooh and don’t forget the actual window cleaning. :Image13:

Richard

i earn 15-30 quid per hour

but average is about 18-22 quid which am happy with /emoticons/smile.png

So lads would you trad houses like this one also what would you charge? :Image10:

attachicon.gif
IMG_3511.JPG
completely off topic

No it is not if you think about it as is relevent to hourly earnings what everybody is going on about.....

Take me 30 mins to do a house that size at £4 per clean now do 10 = £40 :Image3:

Ok allowing to reel in and move the van etc still would be over £6 plus an hour. Go figure :Image13:

£40. God smurf you must live on a very expensive part of England. There's 8 windows at front. Must be same at back. Hence wfp charge more then trad. £25 at most. I do admire you for getting the prices you do get.

I would be careful about what figures you fellas mention on the forum! The taxman can find all sorts of info about you on places like this! Whether you are paying all your taxes or not is irrelevant really, its just not a good idea to make his/her job easier! :Image2:

Taxman would rather target bigger businesses who turn over millions n millions then targetting small lil businesses like window cleaners lol

Taxman would rather target bigger businesses who turn over millions n millions then targetting small lil businesses like window cleaners lol
Wrong I know a window cleaner,chippy,and a Sparky who have all been investigated in last 3 years.

That blokes right,they have a field day on here.they got hmrc vans floating about as well.

Don`t you believe it Harunh ! The taxman loves nothing more than an easy touch mate....

Its easier targeting small businesses and self employed then big companys for the likes of costa, tesco, amazon etc...

Back