Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hourly Rate

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Does anyone on here know the meaning of average?

Average is typical working week income divided by typical working hours which gives a single figure I.e £10 or £20 or £30 per hour whatever it may be.

This could have been an interesting post!

my hourly rate is X witch is 6x Y

Z is the age I was when I fist kissed a girl

Y is half of Z

ha ha

In what sense?
Say you work from 8-5 is that your 30 pph there?
or

Are you calculating comeing home and fill your tank say 45mins-1hour. Then you come in and tally up your takings, 10-15mins. then say you have to go out and collect money for 2 hours and all other business related stuff you do. Are you taking all that in to account when working out how much you make per hour.

I earn £1,000 per HOUR!!!

£15,000 per day!!!!

£60,000 per week!!! (I only do 4 days. lol)

Over £3million a year!!!

of course I get paid nothing like that.......... sad face

so just how low can you go....minimum is set in law and we would hope to be above that...maximum is what you can get away with...personally its all work to me...jobs to be done..if they are not so good i will drop them or put them up..or carry on in pain ....we all have our worst and best...

just recently i dropped a right one...it worked out ...first clean ....really dirty ...at just ...£3 an hour...the owner was well pleased...but on the bright side ...it was during the heaviest two hours of rain for a long time....cant win em all..../emoticons/smile.png

and he left me the right money too bless him...the £1 in twenty pence coins was really good...

You could start from the UK minimum wage and work your way up, and use other figures / statistics as a guide or yardstick to measure how you are doing compared to the population, such as the average wage, in the UK this is around £27,000 per year.

If you just aim to be average, average isn’t a bad starting point, as the average house price in the UK is now about £250,000! (£175,000) Combine you’re other assets such as your window cleaning business, family car, antiques, saving, pension, cash in the bank etc, the average net worth of UK residents is about £150,000.

People of a sound mind wouldn’t think being statistically average isn’t something you would boast about; you must be deluded to boast about money earned from window cleaning on a forum and not yet reached just the average status with regards to net worth, likewise you can be even more deluded to offer advice for a low hourly rate where you have no chance of even achieving the status of ‘average’.

To be fair the information is easily available, the problem is, if you can’t get your head around something as simple as the correct hourly rate for you, which is really just amounts to a few £tenners for anyone, your unlikely to be dealing with average figures of £150,000 plus in the near future.

I don’t know what you should charge personally, but it’s better to be humble and charge £40 per hour, than be wretched person and charge £20 per hour.

Richard

Latest Posts

Back