Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Just ordered some new receipts...

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Masons

500 with carbon copy's. Numbered and designed.

about £90.

Should be ready for next tuesday when a lot of invoicing will be done.

I cannot wait, they look awesome and haven't had a different design in the whole 10years since I started.

I ordered from Butler Printing, and the service, hard work, professionalism and friendliness have been 10/10.

I'm a very happy man, even in all this rain.

(http://www.butlerprinting.co.uk/)

I printed receipts myself for years so this will add an extra dimension of professionalism to my business and save me some time printing and cutting.

Do most people here have them printed?

I am sure they look good but seem a expensive way of getting paid even if every customer does not need one how long do you think they will last

Sounds good! We use Xero as an accountancy software. This produces the invoices which can be emailed across. I was looking to get some "your windows have been cleaned" cards though.

I will only use these for businesses by the way.

I clean restaurants, car showrooms and commercial units, a hotel as well as cafe's, small shops and bakery's, while this costs money I see it being worth it to have that extra professional look and feel.

I don't invoice every clean either, I give invoices after a number of cleans on a fair number of jobs.

Numbered carbon copy's mean I will be able to keep better accounts as well.

For too long have I printed receipts and felt cheap as no matter how well anyone cuts a piece of A4 into two A5'S you can still tell and feel they have.

So I'm opting to look on par with customers in terms of business image.

£90 from my view for these will be worth it, and only a small price to add to my fixed costs for each commercial customer.

Got a phone call at 2pm saying they were ready to pick up.

Although I am ill I went and grabbed them.

They look awesome, shown one of my customers them actually on the way home as I also ran couple of other errands and she loved them.

Tomorrow I shall be having fun using them if I manage to wake up not feeling like I've been beat up.

Never thought about receipts.How many people are bothered to ask for on domestic jobs?

I get though a lot of receipts i live on the coast and there is alot of Holiday cottages and rooms let out customers like receipts to claim money back i also put a receipt in every house where my customer is not in

I may post pics up in the VIP section later, but they are only receipts but I'm very happy with the books.

Everybody has their own range of customers and Masons description of his round would indicate that it's money well spent. I've always gone down route of printing them off on computer. It's suited me and I've never had a customer complain or comment about quality - including Wiltshire County Council! (Then again they've got low standards).

I like the idea of having a book of them though. Not sure why you'd need a carbon for yourself? Again, every bodies differant.

Everybody has their own range of customers and Masons description of his round would indicate that it's money well spent. I've always gone down route of printing them off on computer. It's suited me and I've never had a customer complain or comment about quality - including Wiltshire County Council! (Then again they've got low standards).

I like the idea of having a book of them though. Not sure why you'd need a carbon for yourself? Again, every bodies differant.
same here, agree. we print off 2 to an a4 page, and cut it down. if we did many big posh establishments could see the benefit in image. not ever had comments about ours. but it all help I suppose!

ps like your signature Vito...... /emoticons/biggrin.png

Well, you all have a point, I've printed my own for the past 8 out of the last 10 years( we had some designed and printed when we first bought our work, then photocopied the last 2 left for the last 8 years...

The ones I have had designed look far better than any i could produce, hence the design and printing.

I keep a carbon copy receipt as some customers amass an amount of cleans before paying, and though I've never sensed bad intentions I have had problems arise around payment of cleans from specific dates, having a carbon copy of the exact receipt given means I will always have an argument.

For example, every week I clean a certain business twice, and often from differing schedules I may call an extra time in a week or on a different day, and deal with different staff; having a copy of payment helps if any dispute arrives over which days I have called, what cleans have been paid for etc. When a customer pays over £2,500 a year for their windows cleaning and I deal with many different staff(some of which aren't that bright or don't follow their procedure of paying bills), I regard paying money on professional receipts with copies to make sure I keep that job.

And yes yes I know I could buy from a local shop some carbon copy receipts, but an image of a business means more today than it ever has, and those to be honest look naff for a company which charges enough to be able to afford better.

Well, you all have a point, I've printed my own for the past 8 out of the last 10 years( we had some designed and printed when we first bought our work, then photocopied the last 2 left for the last 8 years...

The ones I have had designed look far better than any i could produce, hence the design and printing.

I keep a carbon copy receipt as some customers amass an amount of cleans before paying, and though I've never sensed bad intentions I have had problems arise around payment of cleans from specific dates, having a carbon copy of the exact receipt given means I will always have an argument.

For example, every week I clean a certain business twice, and often from differing schedules I may call an extra time in a week or on a different day, and deal with different staff; having a copy of payment helps if any dispute arrives over which days I have called, what cleans have been paid for etc. When a customer pays over £2,500 a year for their windows cleaning and I deal with many different staff(some of which aren't that bright or don't follow their procedure of paying bills), I regard paying money on professional receipts with copies to make sure I keep that job.

And yes yes I know I could buy from a local shop some carbon copy receipts, but an image of a business means more today than it ever has, and those to be honest look naff for a company which charges enough to be able to afford better.
Good Answer. Backs up what I said about everyone having their own rounds with specific needs. Whatever works for you.

Back