Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which hose & How long

WCF

Help Support WCF:

paul1

HI continuing with me trying to get set up now decided on most things but regarding hose which type of hose should I be going for? and from which company/manufacturer? again wanting the best and preferably no annoying kinking hose etc?

should I get from gardiners? can anyone help on this, what length should I get, colour, type etc etc, please advise again, thank you to all so far...

Also when using a pump on a trolley do you only need/use it if water pressure low or best to use all the time and what flow rate is best to use when cleaning as I read if too much will splash back and could cause spotting etc??? any advice please

thanks again

I use gardiner all season hose it's yellow no probs at all and no kinking!

Pump is what gets the water to the window so you will need it on if your using a trolley then adjust your flow controller till it suits you!i like quite high flow as I can clean and rinse quicker regarding splash back I hold the brush bit further away depending on flow also if you gave the window good wash I never find spotting a issue as it's only pure splashing back on the window

type of hose depends on the work you'll be doing. for example majority of my work is domestic. 2 to 5 bed houses on housing estates, so i can getaway with using a 100ft of pole hose running from my pump in the van to the brush, however I have a couple of commercial jobs which i have to breakout the 100mtr reinforced microbore for, as its trailing around car parks and frequently gets run over, the pole hose wouldn't last 5mins. having said that the Gardiner pole hose all the way thru, is my first choice as its much lighter and easier to handle than the "big" reel.

if you are new window cleaning i suggest you try and keep your outlay as low as possible to begin with. so only layout for a 100 meters on a reel if you know that you will be using it a lot. otherwise start with the essentials and upgrade as required.

its a great job so good luck and keep us posted on your progress.

cheers

Thanks guys so I think I will go with Gardiner all season one then do you think just go with 30 meters then to start with?

Are Gardiner pretty much quality for everything?

Yeah been told its a great job by a guy who has offered to show me the ropes he semi retired and turning work away so could be good contact?

I do oven cleaning cleaning at the moment and hate everyday /emoticons/sad.png

Cheers. Any more advice greatly appreciated

Gardiners are a very good company and often Alex is on this site. Thier staff have a good knowledge of thier products and are very helpful. I have a 100 metres of hose and sometimes it's needed.

anymore advice on hoses lengths to go for etc?

Will I be fine with gardiners all season hose 30 meters then on a trolley system from pure freedom ?

What reel should I get to go with it all?

Cheers all

Hi mate yes gardiner all season hose 30m on trolley will be more than enough the pure freedom trolley is good quality parts but if you look on eBay the frames go rusty very quick so just cheaply sprayed not powder coated or agonised like xline! Are you not tempted to build your own?

Thanks, I am tempted but I'm awful at diy even following instructions on here would struggle not my thing.

Do you use trolley or van system? Any advice , tips mate? Cheers

I use gardiner all season hose it's yellow no probs at all and no kinking!Pump is what gets the water to the window so you will need it on if your using a trolley then adjust your flow controller till it suits you!i like quite high flow as I can clean and rinse quicker regarding splash back I hold the brush bit further away depending on flow also if you gave the window good wash I never find spotting a issue as it's only pure splashing back on the window
Optimistc manion????

The hose is fitted to a trolleymeaning you take the trolley to the windows almost!if gunna be carrying 100m hose then may as well have it from back of a van,i wouldn't like 100 m hose on my trolley its kind defeating the object and there heavy enough when full without adding a reel full of hose.maybe I'm wrong but any one else use that length

Thanks, I am tempted but I'm awful at diy even following instructions on here would struggle not my thing.
Do you use trolley or van system? Any advice , tips mate? Cheers
I have van mount and trolley for awkward houses and terraces etc

IF I was starting out keep the costs low and when you start picking up work upgrade slowly

Like everything takes time

Back