Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best Excuse For A Customer Not Paying Or For Cancelling

WCF

Help Support WCF:

The one that peeved me the most after I done the first clean was .

" we no longer wish to keep the gate unlocked "

My reply was " how do you suppose I get in your garden then "

Still waiting for a reply , that was in november .

Get them to pay bacs or cheque, if they come to door saying not got cash regular, after that i wouldn`t waste my time.

(I personally don`t go out collecting, if their not in, note left to pay by bacs or post a cheque at their cost).

everyone learns who is a good customer and who isn`t, once i got loads of customers I let the bad ones go.

yeah or my husband is going to do them
I had the husband say " I'm so sorry but my wife is going to do the windows from now on, she bought her own stuff.. Is that ok? " I just laughed and told him she may not start taking my customers!!

I had some tell the bought the same system as me on bid up tv so no longer needed me I just laught and walked off

I hate it when customers ring up agree a price on a four weekly or eight weekly, you go round spend ages on the first clean with the wfp then ring up and say my husband has decided to do them from now on.

There's some right ***** out there that think cos your a window cleaner they can take the **** out of you.

When it happens to me after the first clean i all-ways send a bill in, for a one off clean £25.00 and say the price we agreed was for 4 weekly, so you have now cancelled after one clean so the price for a one off clean is £25.00

Some times they pay some times they dont.

I got sacked for standing on someones plant in the garden. Would not mind, but i stood on door step for 25 min chatting about life, then she sacked me.

when i used to collect, knocked at door and asked for money, she said i`ve already paid. I said i assure you that you`ve not, she said i have.

so i left it at that, next time missed her and did next door. on the clean after that she came out begging me to do hers again, I said once you have paid what you owe me i`ll continue! (she paid up)

I now give her a receipt each time.

There's some right ***** out there that think cos your a window cleaner they can take the **** out of you.
It happens to everyone. No one's safe from bad payers. I've had some absolutely immense ones lately!

I got told not to do them no more coz her daughter was not feeling to good when I was there. She was off school & playing on her phone & made me a coffee. I asked for the money but said if she ain't got it dont worry. She happily got it then later her mum texed & said she was not well & I stressed her out & asked her for payment. Very strange. She was 17?

my fave is " my husband gonna do them Donny" 9 times outa ten they call in a few months and say, " can you start again, the lazy bar steward never done em"

Just the usual really for me. Been caught on first cleans maybe 2 or 2 times. I always ask is it regular or not. The few times I haven't asked. They wanted one clean only GRRR

Always charge one off clean fee for first time most understand. Weeds out the messers

Had the husband is doing them now, bump in to a x customer down A&E when I done my ankle in playing football, he was there cost he slipped on a ladder cleaning his windows he didn't see me tell after he had explained to the nurse.

Yeah iv been caught a few times with first timers weather I ask if it regular or not but 9 times out of ten they come asking again in a few months I just tell them im to busy. The other one is leave them for the winter now cos the weather is bad even tho we had a **** summer

I had one cancel last month after the first clean she said im not paying you £6 to clean my windows when I can buy a set of steps for £6

Ok love you carry on .

Had one that said she'd lost her job and couldn't afford it anymore - fair enough I thought, until I went into local store to buy some groceries and who should be on the checkout lol /emoticons/biggrin.png

jesus after reading this i must have the perfect round lol. i've had one ars*hole in 5 years, its a semi that i had to climb over the fence to get to the backs and she knew i started at the front of her house. anyway cleaned the front then struggled over the fence as usual cause she insisted on keeping the rabbit hutch right where i came over which she had seen me struggle with for 2 years and on the last window was the money on the sill and a post-it note which looked like her 3 year old had written saying "no more windows thanks" i was not happy, she still has the cheek to say hello to me i struggle not to swear and spit at her :lol:

Back