Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

wind speed/ bacon

simon

whats too high to work in??? my app says its 19.2 in town & a roofer mate says he's not out so shall i go to work or hit the kitchen for bacon

It's not too bad here yet but if a roofer is giving it a miss then maybe not good for the trad guys

Mums boyfriend was a roofer and we used to go out in all sorts of weather as they seem to be a crazy bunch so if they are not working get the bacon on

I'm off out in a mo with my wfp but not tradding more than 1 house today that the old dear don't like wfp

We struggled in the wind yesterday and gave up when the rain came in. You can usually work in moderately strong winds wfp, but it depends which direction the wind is coming from. It its 'hitting' the front or back of the house then you are more shielded from the force of it. But if it's blowing up the street and catching you sideways/side-on, then that is different.

Our last customer yesterday is on the NHS rapid response team. He told me that they were called to an incident last week where a window cleaner was blown of his ladders and was fatally injured from the fall. He said for us to please never use ladders on his or anyone else's house. I don't know who the window cleaner was and there has not been a report in the local papers about it.

I still have quite a few to do but then nothing till the 4th which is why I'm doing them now

Missed a townhouse as too windy now for my pole at that height

Another washout here in the west. Busy tomorrow now. ****.

You know it's too windy when you can't rinse.

winded off with rain again lol think im just guna lock my self in a dark couberd and ave done with it so hacked off with this wether its everuy blady day at the minit:mad::mad::zzz:

Pretty windy here today some very strong gusts but a good grip on the pole is all you need, just let the gusts pass and crack on.

Was mostly on a new build estate today and must of seen about 10 roofers on various not yet finished homes, rather them than me but they looked to be quite happy.

i think the real kick in the balls will b xmass and boxing day and new years day will b sunny or at least wrkable then im shore it b bk to this dung again :rolleyes:

Gave up at 11. Did 3 bungalows but to windy to go up a ladder. Finish em off tomorrow. Only 6 to do.
Yep, it sucked round here, bloody fenland for you.. I stuck it out until 3 today as I have a lot to get through, not going to get it done before christmas now so I needn't have bothered anyway. The few extra quid will keep me in mince pies and brandy though.:thumbsup:

I've just finished and it was ok for the last few hours as i was in a housing estate that is pretty built up so gave me some wind protection

I don't know who the window cleaner was and there has not been a report in the local papers about it.
its strange how some accidental /suicide deaths never make even 1 line in the local papers . in my own area theres occasionally a body washed up on the beach or someone who swims out then disappears. i look for a news report into what/who it was in the paper but it never appearsa few years ago a lady with a very good job and fairly famous husband refused rescue by a lifeboat swam out to sea and was never seen again. there was nothing in the paper about this

managed to get almost a full day in (08.30 - 3.30pm). even saw the sun poke thru the clouds a couple times. did a mix a wfp and ladder work but only laddered in the sheltered bits and made sure my helper stayed on ground level only!

I need to lay off the ghost chilli pork scratchings

Feeling a bit breezy here to

Latest Posts

Back