Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Smurf....dont look at this lol

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I just cant even imagine doing that, and i used to scaffold. But that is just off the scale lol

Highest i ever worked on scaffold was 16 stories, these russian lads are mental fair enough, but who put the crane up there ? MENTAL!!!!!

oh my....thanks for that, great vid, some people....you should see me getting on the roof to cement the ridge tiles back on.....how can i be so scared....i watched some roofers doing the ridge from my garden and they were just walking around up there...i live on ladders and they don't bother me but wow that was a scary vid....i did watch the tele version recently but that beats that....a sharp intake of breath....only once in thirty years have i been really scared up on the ladder...i was on my 4.5 metres at max extension but although safely parked in ground at the bottom it was over an underground entrance to the flats car park so adding another ten foot looking down....the window i wanted to reach meant i had to let go of the ladder and grab the facia....so i did that and cleaned the window.....i then found its not as easy going back down to the ladder as it was reaching up to the facia....and the flat owner had just gone out.....i had to convince myself that i had got up there so i could get down.....never again....oh the lessons of youth..ahh i miss fred dibnah

I was fearless when I was young like those two in the vid. But now I'm old and alot wiser what I get upto when working at height.

Falling 30 foot to the ground I can tell you from experience dosen't hurt but the sudden stop at the end hurts like hell./emoticons/biggrin.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I was fearless when I was young like those two in the vid. But now I'm old and alot wiser what I get upto when working at height.Falling 30 foot to the ground I can tell you from experience dosn't hurt but the sudden stop at the end hurts like hell./emoticons/biggrin.png
you be in the wrong job...should be stand up comedian....seriously only fell once, my fault, it was great, like slow motion, and i couldnt do a thing....still hobbled around and finished the job though ....well we windys are made of tough stuff..

I know exactly what you are taking about the slow motion thing. I wonder way that is?:rolleyes:

yes its a bit spooky...thank god it was only the once....well apart from the time i jumped from the van and to impress daddy shot up the ladder......and of course it slipped away.....yeh the bottom had iced up over night in the van....well we live and learn.

one tip i have just got for solo operators out there...ie no one to foot.....carry a weed burner.....i have to clean on york stone flags and some thirty foot up and when its dry not a problem but as you know a sprinkling of wet and .....so i burn my ladder spot dry......works great...you only live once mr bond....

Back