Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How long does resin last if using RO?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

keir

My RO is kicking out 000, but got thinking the other day

What exactly does di do now if the water is 000 going into it? And how long will the resin last and how will i know when its had it?

that is some ro m8 if its proudcing 000ppm u wont need di if thats the case ,out of intrest wat is ur tap tds an wat ro u using ???

Or you are still using the wrong type meter @keir as no ro I know of will produce 000pm straight from tap water:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope swapped the EC meter to a tds meter, my own daft fault i didnt spot that tiny detail on the listing.

My tap tds today is

And my ibc is reading

Last winter my tap tds was as low as 034 but over the summer it was upto 096

I was reading up about it this morning, and from what i can tell is that even though the RO is purifying the water the resin

Strips that last tiny bit of minerals and salt out!!!!!?????

The RO i'm using, i dont know what make it is, but it has stainless housing.....hang on i'll stick a picture up so those of you who know more might be able to tell

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll check the waste but i know the pure is coming out at a litre every 1:35

It looks like a 40/40 you have there. Your pressure must be pretty low to have a litre every 1.35.

A 4021 at good pressure which is smaller membrane kicks out a litre every 25 mins. (That is on our mains though)

If your back pressure isn't set correctly then there is a risk of blowing your membrane so worth checking what your waste is. On the other side if set too low then your pure will be less output.

Sorry doug.....I meant 1 minute 35 secs, the waste judging by flow rate looks about 50/50 maybe 60 pure 40 waste

Back