Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help

S

shreck123

hye guys just wondering if anyone can help me i clean with a polor bright trolley system i changed the resin two weeks ago. then tested it with my tds meter today and reading was 121 its only 10 out of my house tap any suggestions?

did you let it run for a while before testing?

Any system has a TDS spike if it has not been used for a few hours.

Is yours the Polar Brite DI?

if so - you should always get zeroTDS

If the refillable DI canisters are not completelty sealed that can cause this.

One of my DI cannisters wouldnt seal properly - so I found a spare rubber gasket - like the ones fitted in the top of the DI cartridge, and then put it in the bottom of the canister before inserting the cartridge. Tightened up and job done!

yeah itsthe polar brite di. the pots that hold the resin are plastic ones from window cleaning warehouse they just push on then put them into the houseing then i put them back on machene?

Thats right - they just need to be a nice tight fit.

If when you shake the outside canister the cartridge inside is able to move at all, it is too loose, and the cause of your problems.

hye guys just wondering if anyone can help me i clean with a polor bright trolley system i changed the resin two weeks ago. then tested it with my tds meter today and reading was 121 its only 10 out of my house tap any suggestions?
sorry i would love to help but i have not used a polor bright but i would love to have 10 ppm out my tap

yeah lucky down here water is well soft. So i gota make sure that there is no movement in the resin is filled to the brim.

Sounds like a dodgy TDS meter as input 10ppm output 121ppm is impossible. Or you may have Softening Resin in your chamber as that would cause a higher reading.

But tap water 010ppm is very low so think your TDS meter is giving you a wrong reading!!! Where are you based !!!

If your using a 10" resin chamber straight from tap it will not work as tap flow rate/pressure is too fast for the volume of resin. If you turn it to a trickle then you may get 000ppm. You will need a bigger di vessel.

Recheck your tap water as I have a feeling its a lot higher than 010ppm.

Back