Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pure water

had a feeling this q was coming /emoticons/wink.png . tablets, i think i read have a limited success, can't remember, i'll see if i can dig it up if no one knows. but the best i'm sure is an ro and di or just di if the waters good enough

first thing is to get hold of a tds meter - then when you know how bad the water is you can go RO/DI, or as chip said - just DI if the tds readings are low enough

If bio carb tablets worked and were cost effective, they would already be widely used. I use water which is 60ppm out the tap, so di only works for me. 25 litre bag of resin will do me a little more than 3 months.
60ppm, you wanna swap houses? I'm nearly at 400 /emoticons/unsure.png

James.

Nice, I'm looking at setting up a static system in my garage soon, can't have the ro and D.I. in my van forever, its just stupid. I'd love to have tap water at 60ppm then just running it through the D.I. woulsd make life that much simpler.

James.

Thats nice, I'm going to use what the firemen use, a bilge pump, can swap 500 litres from one tank to another in 10 minutes. I watched a windy mate of mine do it from his garage to his van and it was ridiculously fast!

Can't beat a static location to make your pure water and transfer it to your vehicle. At the moment my set up is ALL in my van and its ridiculous. Taking up for too much space and its all a liability when leaving the van open when doing work.

James.

Back