Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Undercutting !

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Steve s

Called a customer tonight to tell her to leave the gate unlocked and she says she has a quote from another firm 4 quid cheaper and would I match the price!

It's a townhouse in a road where I clean six all the same for 17 quid each.

Certainly not too dear.

I told her I couldn't reduce my price as I like to allow adequate time to do a perfect job and anyway the other firm are not as good as me.

She said I'll take a chance to save £4

I replied ok good luck with your new windy, I hope he enjoys cleaning the dog shite off his hoses and boots as much as I did.

Phoned all the others and they had all been quoted £13 by this outfit.

I've phoned the firm and they deny all knowledge (wan. Kers

Called a customer tonight to tell her to leave the gate unlocked and she says she has a quote from another firm 4 quid cheaper and would I match the price!It's a townhouse in a road where I clean six all the same for 17 quid each.

Certainly not too dear.

I told her I couldn't reduce my price as I like to allow adequate time to do a perfect job and anyway the other firm are not as good as me.

I replied ok good luck with your new windy, I hope he enjoys cleaning the dog shite off his hoses and boots as much as I did.

She ain't worth it. Feck her, find two more and forget.

Not a nice experience at all, can shake you up a bit. I have customers in a section of flats. They were complaining off the window cleaner cleaning third story flat as all muck landing on their windows. I talked to the person in the flat and the company is charging £7.20 for ten windows at 3rd story level:eek:, sooo cheap, I would be double that anyway.

It's a funny one but if I was a customer and I could get the same job done cheaper then I would take it.

But thats just me, thankfully there's better people out there than me that are more loyal or we would all be losing customers every week

It's only undercutting if the company knew the price before offering their own in order to secure the job. Otherwise it's just competitive pricing.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's ****

**** for you and it's **** business for them as what loyalty can they expect from customers like that

jusy ignore her move on she's a messer

I had it going back a few years ago... I last a full street from my round with 11 houses... I was charging £14 per house and due to a few company's undercutting one another they pay £8 each... If some div is happy to run a business off £70 a day !**** em! More fool them

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums app

The fly bye night's can afford to under cut. They fill up where they can no insurance no uniform no advertising just bang and clean almost certainly don't pay tax and probably claim the dole

Sometimes the custy only wants the glass done. I've got some of them myself
I couldn't do it...I would just look at the finished result and think "that's appalling"...I won't have my name associated with a poor job even if it loses me money.

I heard somewhere that in scotland you need a licence for window cleaning is that correct

Called a customer tonight to tell her to leave the gate unlocked and she says she has a quote from another firm 4 quid cheaper and would I match the price!It's a townhouse in a road where I clean six all the same for 17 quid each.

Certainly not too dear.

It's a pain when thay do that just let her get on with it just remember if she ends up coming back she will do it again

This is one thing I like about.

The fly bye night's can afford to under cut. They fill up where they can no insurance no uniform no advertising just bang and clean almost certainly don't pay tax and probably claim the dole
tis true, £100 a day is a nice wage with no overheads or tax and claiming all the benefits on top

business is business some peoplewill leave for a pound saving some wouldnt leave for 30 quid dsaving one drops out 3 enquires come in

Back