Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Health and safety policy?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mr and Mrs window cleaner

Hi all,

We have a meeting with a commercial cleaning company who we might sub-contract for. We need to produce our health and safety policy for the meeting (we've only been running a year and we mainly do domestic cleans so haven't needed one yet).

Can I ask what people have put in theirs? Would anyone be happy to share theirs as an example?

Many thanks!

Jo

Do I feel safe doing it? yes then I do it.

Do I feel unsafe doing it? yes, probably still do it.

Yep head online for some examples and then modify them for yourself. Think of things like high viz, ladder work, signage, etc. Be careful not to make a rod for your own back. If I could change mine, I would add the words 'if necessary" many times over. That way you don't always have to stick to it. Hi viz for example. If there's no vehicles about, and I'm out in the open, then I don't want to be wearing it. And with signage, if no one is about, and I am the only key holder, do I really need signs where I work, or can I just put them at the front door just in case. Flexibility is a good thing.

Quite. Remember:

Eliminate

Reduce

Isolate

Control

Ppe

Discipline

And you'll be off to a good start.

i wouldnt waste your time [subbing] best to stick with the domestic ,youre "safe as houses " there

Sorry its been bumped up but any decent sized company worth subbing to will pick holes in your plagiarised H&S documents.

Best to get a look at one or 2 and get the ideas behind it then make it specific to your company.

We sub some work out when we are too busy on builders cleans and one guy just handed me a print out and tipp ex'd the old company out lol

Back