Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Think I just took on to mutch at once.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Eddie dragon

Basically bloke I sub a lot of work off has given me a load more work . Five different villages and farms between them. This just happens to coincide with my best leafleting drop yet. Found a spot the regular guy has not been seen for months so picked up two full days work in a week an still coming.

I'm trying to work out how much I have over done it. Only work 9_3 at the moment so room to add a hour a day.

Really I think I'm at the point of needing help but just say a day a week . I have a m8 who will help I have no idea how to pay him and keep it all ligit . Troubled at the moment I am.

I'd speak to either a solicitor or accountant to see if its worth it or if you have a day too much, bin your worst 15/20 and crack on

Basically bloke I sub a lot of work off has given me a load more work . Five different villages and farms between them. This just happens to coincide with my best leafleting drop yet. Found a spot the regular guy has not been seen for months so picked up two full days work in a week an still coming.I'm trying to work out how much I have over done it. Only work 9_3 at the moment so room to add a hour a day.

Really I think I'm at the point of needing help but just say a day a week . I have a m8 who will help I have no idea how to pay him and keep it all ligit . Troubled at the moment I am.
Straight off the bat your going to have to get employee liability with a mate ' helping' you.

Personally I dont see the attraction of subbing. If I were you I would prioritize my own work, then see what time is left for subbing and if it's too heavy either turn it down or talk the man and negotiate a better rate explaininy that your going to need a helper etc to make it work.

Don't know about the rules in UK, but here you can send invoices without having a registered company as long as you keep under a certain annual amount and report it on your tax report manually.

I have had a friend help me, gave him 1/3 of the income which we found fair. 1/3 to the car/expenses, 1/3 to me, 1/3 to him.

I won't let him climb ladders though, not sure if my insurance covers him for that.

Straight off the bat your going to have to get employee liability with a mate ' helping' you.
Personally I dont see the attraction of subbing. If I were you I would prioritize my own work, then see what time is left for subbing and if it's too heavy either turn it down or talk the man and negotiate a better rate explaininy that your going to need a helper etc to make it work.
I get ware you coming from green. Only reason I could go out on my own with out financially struggling was subbing work off old boss. . I have built my own round on top of this and was close to needing help. I Recon even paying 20% and wages I still be 4_500 up every month. Got meeting with accountant later in week . All happening faster than expected . Got the chance of more work from him as well if I can get sorted quickly .

I get ware you coming from green. Only reason I could go out on my own with out financially struggling was subbing work off old boss. . I have built my own round on top of this and was close to needing help. I Recon even paying 20% and wages I still be 4_500 up every month. Got meeting with accountant later in week . All happening faster than expected . Got the chance of more work from him as well if I can get sorted quickly .
Hi Eddie

Be careful not to rush fully loading yourself with even more work right now or your wear yourself out and won't be able to do nothing and burn yourself out looks like your doing well at 4500 up every month

Hi Eddie
Be careful not to rush fully loading yourself with even more work right now or your wear yourself out and won't be able to do nothing and burn yourself out looks like your doing well at 4500 up every month
I think he meant 4 to 500 not 4500 /emoticons/smile.png

your not the only one ive just sold 395 custmers to the guy that's been doing most of it for years it works out at around 5k a month and hes only had it two weeks and is in the poop with it all ready ! not as easy as he thought being self employed

Back