Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Window Cleaners Ladders (Pointed)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

rjacandwc

WCF is always the best place to come for advice...

I've been using 3 Section 2m 4. 7m ABRU ladders for 5 years now. I have no problem with these ladders. Although l feel the clips that hold the top extension abit poor and would feel safer with a style of ladder with a wrap around bar rather than a clip each side at the top of the ladder.

What I like about the ABRU's is they only weight 10kg. But. then l have to use a stand off which adds to the weight. About 12-13kg...

I have been scanning the net and seen various Pointed professional ladders. I see that you can get 3m that ext to 5.5... at a by 13 kg.... This would give me the extra reach at the same weight...

Just wondering if yous have come across a light pointer ladder... What's the best you've seen. Best brand etc... Cheers

I person malt would never use a high pointed ladder

Even the low one we use for downstairs can twist and throw you off if you stretch to much

my best piece off kit was a short pointer used it every day

unfortunatly did,int tie my ladders on properly and they came off

and volvo ran over my A frame it is now in two bits

thank the lord nobody was hurt

What no way thats gonna happen? Must be a bad pointer then.
No it's happened to me

I'm very heavy chap tho but when stretching out all the is concentrated on the point of the a frame instead of spread across the width of a normal ladder

Buying pointers was the best move I made for window cleaning. There are some houses that would be impossible to reach without them. I've never had any issues with twisting, not once. 3 points is more stable than 4 when it comes to ladders, and the rubber bumper grips walls and sills, as well as protects them. There is no excuse for overreaching on any ladder, but even if you did, the wider base will help to keep you safer than a standard ladder. Its a tool that pretty much purpose designed for what a tradder does, its worth every penny.

I got one of mine second hand off ebay, and the other from murphy on here. Ramsay laddersseem to be the go to brand, which the big one is, but the smaller one is a no name, and they are both built well. Look for the white bumper pads on the top, they are designed a lot better than the ones that just have normal ladder feet stuffed in the top.

I see the 3.05m Ramsey gets up to 5.58m.. I can get over all awkward porches/gables with my 4.7 with a stand off. So. I imagine that they would work good... There are also some on eBay with go to 5.25m. Slightly lighter. But. unsure if they would be long enough. Finding it hard to decide for 240 odd quid. Need to get my purchase correct. Thanks for your knowledge Polish...

I see the 3.05m Ramsey gets up to 5.58m.. I can get over all awkward porches/gables with my 4.7 with a stand off. So. I imagine that they would work good... There are also some on eBay with go to 5.25m. Slightly lighter. But. unsure if they would be long enough. Finding it hard to decide for 240 odd quid. Need to get my purchase correct. Thanks for your knowledge Polish...
Are you still working off a bike mate?

I'll measure the bigger ladder tomorrow, but it is all you will need for normal ground and 1st floor work. It will get you up to some 2nd floor windows, and most gutters. I would never clear out gutters off a pointer, but its great for poking your finger over the top to check how full they are whilst cleaning the window below. /emoticons/wink.png

Personal preference, im with Evie, hated pointed ladders, uncomfortable and less stable for me,

I've used the abru ladders for ever @rjacandwc and love them, I use the 2 section for 2 story houses though, only use the triple for gutters now (used to use it for 3 story work until went wfp)

The 2 section is even lighter

Are you still working off a bike mate?
I'll measure the bigger ladder tomorrow, but it is all you will need for normal ground and 1st floor work. It will get you up to some 2nd floor windows, and most gutters. I would never clear out gutters off a pointer, but its great for poking your finger over the top to check how full they are whilst cleaning the window below. /emoticons/wink.png
Yes... Still on foot... 13 kg is about the limit really for lugging about..

Personal preference, im with Evie, hated pointed ladders, uncomfortable and less stable for me,
I've used the abru ladders for ever @rjacandwc and love them, I use the 2 section for 2 story houses though, only use the triple for gutters now (used to use it for 3 story work until went wfp)

The 2 section is even lighter
Which two section do you use Jake mate...

No it's happened to meI'm very heavy chap tho but when stretching out all the is concentrated on the point of the a frame instead of spread across the width of a normal ladder
Everything has a limit ofcourse but the bottom is wider on a pointer than a normal ladder so the pointer is much more stable. I have used 6 meter pointers for total of 3 years and never ever felt like tilting or unstable, plus if i had no pointer i coulnt clean atleast 25% of my work because a pointer can be placed just about everywere on frames, corners sills etc.

ive never used a high pointer just feel safer with 2 points of the ladder on the wall

I've always learned my lads who have worked for never to put a ladder on a window sill specially not plastic

Very slippy

Agree with Evie, I'm sure some of you find the pointers brilliant, but I always found them far less stable, and I've never in my window cleaning 'career' said to myself 'oh I need a pointer for this window' so perhaps it is totally user specific, but I can't think of one time I've 'needed' one.

That's not to say they don't work for others, it's just trial and error with the right ladders I suppose...

I use a pointed ladder on my round everyday and find them excerlent. I wouldnt use any other ladder now for window cleaning.

I got mine from ladder sales direct great ladders and great prices and ive had no problem with them twisting or buckerling. But i still feel its a preference to the user.

Buying pointers was the best move I made for window cleaning. There are some houses that would be impossible to reach without them. I've never had any issues with twisting, not once. 3 points is more stable than 4 when it comes to ladders, and the rubber bumper grips walls and sills, as well as protects them. There is no excuse for overreaching on any ladder, but even if you did, the wider base will help to keep you safer than a standard ladder. Its a tool that pretty much purpose designed for what a tradder does, its worth every penny.
I got one of mine second hand off ebay, and the other from murphy on here. Ramsay laddersseem to be the go to brand, which the big one is, but the smaller one is a no name, and they are both built well. Look for the white bumper pads on the top, they are designed a lot better than the ones that just have normal ladder feet stuffed in the top.
Totaly agree im so glade i use pointer ladders feel so much more secure with the wider bottom and me to have had no problem with twisting.

Totaly agree im so glade i use pointer ladders feel so much more secure with the wider bottom and me to have had no problem with twisting.
I don't know how it is even physically possible for a pointer to twist unless its on soft ground, but then any ladder would to that.

I don't know how it is even physically possible for a pointer to twist unless its on soft ground, but then any ladder would to that.
Agree or maybe realy uneven ground but then i wouldnt climb until id leveled it out.

Back