Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Equipment Questions

WCF

Help Support WCF:

CNS-southwest

Me again with some more questions lol.

What size t bars do you carry?

For bungalows with a loft conversion, how to you reach the window, I was thinking tbar on a pole then swap tbar for squeegee, then swap and put a rang on the end to wipe the drips n runs??

tbh honest mate when i 1st started about 8 weeks ago, i started thinking all of these hypothetical questions like yours and ended up spending so much money sorting out the right pole and modifying it to be suitable, 0 degree squeegees, crank joint adaptors quick change cones, detailing tools etc etc in hindsight I should have just got a back pack and pole for all upstairs windows, and got a basic trad setup for down stairs.

You never see a beginner with so much trad stuff /emoticons/sad.png

Can get a back pack and 30ft pole from full clean centre with 4 25l drums for under £300, and while you are there he also does a starter set for about £50 which has everything in it, boab the lot. add some extra cloths in and a 6 inch squeegee your away! for under well £400. its worth making friends with a local window cleaner so that you can tap him up for water, maybe offer to give him a days help in return for a few weeks worth of water or something?

Im still a beginner and still learning, but before you buy lots of trad stuff have a look at a backpack and basic trad gear from full clean centre, i wish I did to start with, would have made a lot more money so far.

Good luck

they have a pump built into the bottom , which also has a battery built in too. you aint too far from me , i used to go fishing over staines way. Im about 45 minutes away junction 6 m25, if you wanted to come round ill show you all my gear, where i went wrong when i first started etc!

Let me know mate, happy to help, im not mega experienced but ive made a few of mistakes and learnt from them, so an hour chatting to me might save you a few mistakes yourslef.

iv oferd water to sum but still had any one take me up on it ,thats trad ,i helped out several who for wot ever resun thay coudent make ther owne ,and one who sarted up and whent WFP ,

If money is tight and can't afford back pack thing, do it from the inside. Custies don't mind much if at all. They don't want to lean out of the window. As an extra I'd do the inside of the window for free and they'd be chuffed you saved them the job. Just say you wont charge for it and only do it when they are in. Works a treat when your starting out.

I'd say focus on becoming a wiz with the squeegee and not worry about owning every gadget they want to sell you down at the window supply house.

Latest Posts

Back