Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Does this forum motivate you?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

harunh

Its so easy to lose motivation when you work for yourself

However when i browse window cleaning forums i get much more motivated.

Its so easy to lose motivation... !

Not really to be honest, I am more here to have a crack with like minded people and pick up little tips and tricks from others, and offer help where I can.

Never struggled with motivation.

Go to work or sit home and listen to wife?
Hmmmm.... think I need a forum to get me in the van?

J/K my wifes my world and often works with me.
The reason I am getting canvassing done is to expand the round quickly so the wife can come work with me in May.

Yes, i enjoy reading the canvassing threads, as i often struggle to push for new customers. those threads are a nice reminder that you get out what you put in.

I often think about this forum when I'm working :confused:. The first thing I do when I get home is check my emails, log in here and then say hello to the Mrs, in that order /emoticons/biggrin.png

Yes it has def improved my business - already pretty motivated by wife and 5 kids but forum has helped me to add services , try new equipment and work smarter and stop underpricing

I think the folk on here know more than the average windy does about his trade. The combined knowledge and help on here would be very easy to miss if you just worked the windows your own way day in day out without chatting to any other people. But as far as motivation, I have found it has reduced my productivity as lunchbreaks take longer when I get the forum up on my phone. /emoticons/biggrin.png

I think it can motivate and demoralise in equal measures.

whilst its great to hear about everyones success it also reminds you that you that you are not as successfull lol

but on the whole, its great

whilst its great to hear about everyones success it also reminds you that you that you are not as successfull lol

I think some are just luckier than others. I'm lucky that I don't work in a **** area and I can price well. It's getting yourself to a point where you can take or leave work is the hardest.

@ TAP, I know quite a few windys, all nice blokes but they use antiquated equipment, have full on leaks from their reel, haven't got a clue what a swivel resi neck is, wouldn't know a sill brush from an extreme.... The list goes on. This is the place to share and learn :thumbsup:

Just remember that people are more likely to share the successes with you than thier failures.

Yes it has highly motivated me, it can feel like your all alone out there in a little cleaning bubble only to find when you log in you aint! Also found reading about the many sucsess stories has driven me to get off my **** more and get some of it myself. It has helped with everything from equipment, techniques, and canvassing/marketing ideas, also great to read some of the funny banter here. /emoticons/biggrin.png top bunch of people on here.

I think the folk on here know more than the average windy does about his trade. The combined knowledge and help on here would be very easy to miss if you just worked the windows your own way day in day out without chatting to any other people. But as far as motivation, I have found it has reduced my productivity as lunchbreaks take longer when I get the forum up on my phone. /emoticons/biggrin.png
Lunchbreak!!!!what's that?

Half the time i grab a coffe run out the door and think about breakfast around 3pm

Definitely a lot of knowledge on here

I think it takes a certain kind of person to actually make an effort on a forum

Those of us who do tend to be the ones with advice to give

Back