Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Aching All Over

WCF

Help Support WCF:

All Round Cleaning

I used my wfp setup yesterday for the first time and today I am aching all over .

it feels like i been in a fight .

Anyone else feel like that after the first day using there kit ?

My arms were wrecked yesterday after doing a PVC job with the pole.. They ain't so light when they are stretched right out! I have a clx27 and would like to get a lighter pole, maybe clx 18 for daily use..

A harris pole aint light when compared to an slx or other carbon. It'll weigh a ton after a day's use. Go for lightest you can afford.

thats the thing windy i cannot afford an expensive pole , tbh when i take this one back il get a refund and probably buy an ionics

me brother showed me his the weekend and its a lovely pole .

My arms were wrecked yesterday after doing a PVC job with the pole.. They ain't so light when they are stretched right out! I have a clx27 and would like to get a lighter pole, maybe clx 18 for daily use..
Just take a section off, I'm sure you can buy a bung for most sections

Gav, even though a Harris isn't very light I say go for it, because 1, they are cheap 2, being alloy they'll be practically indestructible and thus usefull in situations like when the other pole breaks. Also think heavier poles can be better for 1st cleans, get more scrubbing power, but that's just my opinion

Funny this should be posted as my legs are killing today, feel like I climbed a mountain or two.

Was a good paying day though so worth it. hehe

What I do to make my Harris pole lighter I use my 36 brodex first lol it's like holding a feather after that

I didnt use it all day tbh i only used the wfp for over canopies , doors and minging frames. If i could upload photos i would to show how bad they were .

You'll soon get used to it. It's like a workout at the gym only you get paid instead of paying!

I used to be a coalman, 50kg open sacks and all that. Then I went window cleaning, ladders and squeegeee. I thought I was fit and strong, but for the first 3 months I was in real pain and discomfort, especially across my shoulders. That was 16 years ago. Last july went over to wfp, same problem. Differant muscle groups I guess. Trouble is I'm that much older, I've not got the same bounce I once had /emoticons/wink.png .

Back