Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

One off Saturday job lost to speeding fine.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Eddie dragon

Exactly as title. Did one off full G. S. F Windows two Saturdays ago £100 job.

Got home to speeding fine letter today.

I thought I was OK on the day Litteraly a tad over 30 I thought. No 34 so £100 fine 3points or speed awareness course.

So what's best course or just pay up?

Never had a speed ticket but have had a drink drive when younger, believe me this is better lol.

I have a couple of friends from different walks of life who have done this course and they tell me its not to bad.

Personally I would do the course, but only 4mph over.... whats this world coming too.

My Mrs got done for 34 in a 30. £100 or speed awareness. She went for the speed awareness but still had to pay £85 I think. It hasn't made her a better driver as random scratches seem to appear from nowhere on the car every now and then.

Exactly as title. Did one off full G. S. F Windows two Saturdays ago £100 job.Got home to speeding fine letter today.

I thought I was OK on the day Litteraly a tad over 30 I thought. No 34 so £100 fine 3points or speed awareness course.

Did one 2 years ago, definitely worth the extra £20 and half a day, when you consider the extra cost of insurance over 3+ years. Its boring but you do learn a few things that'll surprise you.

Oh and she got lost coming home from the course :rolleyes:. She went up the motorway in the wrong direction. I had to guide her home via a 40 minute phone call.

When I got one I had a clean license, so just took the points would rather be earning than sat behind a desk like a naughty schoolboy.
If you do happen to be first witness to what speed can do , then you wont need a desk.

When I got a speeding ticket I said I wanted contest it. Got a letter about a week or so before the court case saying its been dropped through lack of evidence, even though they had a photo.

Apparently this is common as they haven't got enough people to chase contested fines, so just move on to the ones that pay up

Exactly as title. Did one off full G. S. F Windows two Saturdays ago £100 job. Got home to speeding fine letter today.

Course... i did one for phone... 3 hours you'll never get back and about £100 but save the points you never know you might not get that option again

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app

When I got a speeding ticket I said I wanted contest it. Got a letter about a week or so before the court case saying its been dropped through lack of evidence, even though they had a photo.Apparently this is common as they haven't got enough people to chase contested fines, so just move on to the ones that pay up
Balsy!! I like u... but by then there's no changing your mind and asking for course.. [emoji85].. I balanced up this was one war I didn't wanna risk... glad you did and had them over [emoji1316]

I've done 2 courses but the fine had to be paid regardless. The course was instead of the points.

3 points on there own never affected my insurance either.

I've done 2 courses but the fine had to be paid regardless. The course was instead of the points.
3 points on there own never affected my insurance either.
My Mrs was told she couldn't do the course if she got caught speeding again. Not sure if there is a time limit though.

I heard today that you'll get 6 points and £100 fine if caught using your phone while driving from today.

My Mrs was told she couldn't do the course if she got caught speeding again. Not sure if there is a time limit though.
I heard today that you'll get 6 points and £100 fine if caught using your phone while driving from today.
You can take another course 3 years after your previous offence. If you're caught again before the 3 years are up then points will be added to your licence

I got caught on my mobile one time knew straight away when he pulled up behind me. He asked me why I was on my phone, I said it was to my then pregnant wife as she had been ill. He asked where she worked and I told him and only turned out his missus worked with mine. We even were due at a BBQ at theirs the following weekend. He gave me a stern warning and told me to out the money in an account for my unborn daughter. Very lucky but never done it again!!

There was a time limit, few years cant remember..

I was quite lucky i got the course, then 3 points, then course again, then points fell off then got another 3, dropped off again now.

Yes, whilst it applies to all drivers it's aimed at new drivers as if they get six points then it's an immediate ban for them. Us older folk unless we already got six then we wouldn't. Trying to make it as anti social as drink driving, imo it's a good thing. Also beware of hands free kits, if Mr plod thinks the use distracts your driving then can still be done for it even if it is a Bluetooth device controlled without touching the phone.

My wife's m8 has got 12 points and has done three courses. Should have been banned. However plays up on the fact she has a bad back an a disability badge.

Back