Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

A Frame Ladders

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I have the Ramsey A-Frame 2 section ladders (3.0m to 5.58m).

Going to get a smaller single section Ramsey A-Frame (2.0) too.

I have the Ramsey A-Frame 2 section ladders (3.0m to 5.58m).

Going to get a smaller single section Ramsey A-Frame (2.0) too.
what are these like fully extended arnt they a bit tippy at the top? wouldnt think they are as stable with only having one point of contact at the top rather than the standard ladder that has 2 points of contact

what makes the A frame really good it is so stable when it is on the edge of the window it is solid

i have been at the top of ladder one foot on the ladder the other on sill and it never moves

even kicked out at bottom

also one of the guys was saying good for going over fences

my A frame is 5ft really tempted to get double going up the edge of windows would be safer

another advantage of the A frame you can place the A frame on narrow window frames

So you A frames users always try to place the ladder on the side of the window? Rather than above or below it like you would do with a open ladder?

So you A frames users always try to place the ladder on the side of the window? Rather than above or below it like you would do with a open ladder?
Yeah, mine is only a small one. Real handy for tall bay windows! And hopping over gates ;-)

no, i always position my double a frame below the centre of the window or up on the middle frame between the panes

I position my A-frame wherever suits. Sometime on a side and sometimes above or below.

They're a good piece of kit.

no, i always position my double a frame below the centre of the window or up on the middle frame between the panes

I position my A-frame wherever suits. Sometime on a side and sometimes above or below.

They're a good piece of kit.

Same here :Image9: .
Surely it wouldn't be safe if to put a A frame ladder under the window!?!?

Surely it wouldn't be safe if to put a A frame ladder under the window!?!?
Imagine you have a house on a hill, sloping from the front of the house down towards the back, and the ground floor windows on the front of the house are situated 4 foot high, round the back the ground floor is higher, meaning there is sufficient room under a window for an A-frame.

No I mean unsafe, as its pointed, so yourl be well under the window and as its pointed(gets thinner) then you cant go any higher...

You'd be suprised how stable these 'A' frames are.

You can go just as high on an 'A' Frame as you can on a 'normal' ladder.

Imagine you have a house on a hill, sloping from the front of the house down towards the back, and the ground floor windows on the front of the house are situated 4 foot high, round the back the ground floor is higher, meaning there is sufficient room under a window for an A-frame.
...nope, still doh get it.

I would imagine A frames would be good on uneven ground too, within reason.

If you get the point in the corner and get the angle right for the base.

Where open tops would need a leveling device to stop them rocking.

Or am I talking cods? /emoticons/smile.png

I would imagine A frames would be good on uneven ground too, within reason.

If you get the point in the corner and get the angle right for the base.

Where open tops would need a leveling device to stop them rocking.

Or am I talking cods? /emoticons/smile.png
correct

Back