Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Start - Gutter Cleaning And Pressure Washing

D

Daniel Macritchie

I'm just in the final stages of starting up my own gutter cleaning and pressure washing business.

I've been reading about gutter vacuums most of the summer. I've gone for the 40ft pole set, mainly as a marketing tool, Can't see me doing much over 2/3 storeys, Looked at the vacuums on offer with the poles and wasn't to impressed tbh. So started doing a little reading into and inquiring about wet/dry vacuums. Was chatting to my local karcher dealer and he had an ex-demo NT 65/2 in stock, 2750w but has a air flow rate of 148 l/s and a vacuum 254 mbar and a 65ltr tank. 12 month warranty and the guys in my local town if it did break. Whole lot has set me back about £700.

I wish i could do them all with a vacuum, but things aren't going to be that easy. My main marketing tools are going to be my sign written van, 2000 leaflets, an advert in ever local paper and anywhere that i can stick my business card and leaflet up.

Anyway, whole point of this was to introduce my self and hopefully as time goes on share ideas, tips and tricks.

welcome and good luck, facebook is also a good way for getting in work, you will probally need to keep putting 2000 leaflets out every couple of month at first as you usually only get about a 1-2% response rate

Hello !

I am just about to start out myself and looking for any tips ,advice ,help etc

I want to start a little business of my own ,cleaning gutters and fascias. Too many window cleaners in my area..Funding is low right now (unemployed ) So

I have done a lot of research and i am told i would need a rigid pole for gutter cleaning and some chemical called Vito-rol, and was just about to buy a 25ft aluminuim pole from Brodex and the big boy backpack from WCW but got a lot of warnings not too buy it.

Then i found the window cleaning Forum

Now i see a lot of posts here on the gardiner 50% carbon composite poles and wonder Are the good and rigid ?? ??

Jimmy

Back