Starting up... Good idea or Bad?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by phil_whiting20, Apr 5, 2011.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Hello all

I am currently in a dead end job.... my working hours have been dropped from 39 hours to 22 hours a week and really want out as it is not my kind of thing. i have thought about window cleaning round my area. As far as i can see there isnt a window cleaner in my area but have no money for set up what so ever and dont know where to start... aslo how risky is it starting up?

all advice is much appreciated!

2. Gav

Gav Grand Master

Dec 18, 2010
    You can start up for very little if you start cleaning traditional. A applicator, squeegee, bucket, water and fairy liquid is all you need. This post may help.

I starded my business and do it on my days off as I also want out. It does take time but there is deffo money to be made even if there is a few cleaners in your area. Get out there get talking to people offer your services. Practise on yours and families windows ask them to tell others things will slowely grow.
  3. nearlyclean

Dec 20, 2010
    you got 17 hours a week to fill,just knock a few streets to if anyone is interested
  4. groundhog

groundhog Guest

Take your drop in hours as an opportunity to try something new!! As nearlyclean says, knock on a few doors and see how it goes, but don't jack in your old job just yet as its not as easy to pick up customers in the current climate as it was a few years ago!! Good luck