Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner Fitted Flow Valve

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I found the flow valves great. Just hold them in your hand with the pole. Although lately Iv been thinking of an aqua adapter. Yesterday my hands were freezing and sore and think I'd prefer a tug of my hose to turn off and on..

I've tried both. Don't know whether I'm doing it correctly but,.....

Found the Gardiner flow control valve at bottom of pole hose near (about a metre away) to the male connector leaked. Not a lot but enough to get my hands wet. It was brand new. But if the pole hose doesn't fit square and straight, which happens every time you're moving about, it would leak a little.

Plus you pretty well have to always hold it against the pole as per Gardiners youtube video shows. If you let go of it you then have to find it on the floor amongst the rest of your pole hose. Holding it like so, seems to shorten the amount of hose available to you. In other words, the hose reel female end has to be close at all times.

However it is a lot lighter than using an Aquadapter.

But for controllability, water saving and ease of turning water on or off both when extended pole and closed pole I don't think the Aquadapter can be beaten.

It's only major flaw is when you have the pole extended fully at an angle, say when doing a window above a conservatory. That extra bit of weight I find is a killer. But in normal mode, straight up cleaning I find it very good.

Plus the Aquadapter pole hose, red I think it is described as, is far superior to the yellow ( or is it orange) pole hose that Gardiners supply. The gardiners one keeps getting knotted and twisted. Unusable for me.

Like above said, try both and see what works best for you. That's what I ended up doing.

i've got the fitted flow valve on my clx. Previously i didn't have anything and had to either pinch the hose or run back to the van and i've got to say it's the best £10 ive spent so far!

Back