Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone got any pics of van mount setup,

johnny bravo

just asking if any would load up or links from previous, i keep needing more hoselock pushfits, i thought i had enough, most outlets have stopped selling them, heading to b+q now. putting male hose adapters in so i can use hoselock pushfits. tank tap ok, no leaks. i need one fitting 4 my hose now. pump+controller all wired up, hopefully test tomorrow. then get setup.

The B&Q own brand hozelock type fittings are the best mate, they're blue & the cheaper one's of the two own brand offerings. They're a quid each, do yourself a favour & buy some spare ones while you're there./emoticons/wink.png I don't think they do the male adaptors (for DI heads) though so you might have to buy genuine Hozelock for those- get ready, they're about £4 each too!!:eek:

The B&Q own brand hozelock type fittings are the best mate, they're blue & the cheaper one's of the two own brand offerings. They're a quid each, do yourself a favour & buy some spare ones while you're there./emoticons/wink.png I don't think they do the male adaptors (for DI heads) though so you might have to buy genuine Hozelock for those- get ready, they're about £4 each too!!:eek:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-garden-water-watering-hose-tap-connector-hoselock-type-1-2-inch-MALE-fitting-/121365272682?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Garden_Plants_Bird_Bath_Feeder_CV&hash=item1c41ef186a It's all cheap on eBay :thumbsup:

We had a homebase close down near us, mrs bought out all their hozelock stuff for pence, got a bag full /emoticons/biggrin.png

Got some of the blue B&Q ones as well, they work well enough.

got them. sort out tomorrow, cant wait to be able to turn water off via pole hose tap. never used it on backpack, fear of putting any pressure on the small pump. rain forecast here in morning so no work forecast, concentrate on seting up, i may look to fitting pump + controller into a strong box to bring in and out of van in freezing conditions. when i get more used to it

got them. sort out tomorrow, cant wait to be able to turn water off via pole hose tap. never used it on backpack, fear of putting any pressure on the small pump. rain forecast here in morning so no work forecast, concentrate on seting up, i may look to fitting pump + controller into a strong box to bring in and out of van in freezing conditions. when i get more used to it
I've always had my pump in a box with controller stuck on the outside vis velcro strips. I'll see if I can get a picture, you can buy the boxes from the likes of City Electrical Factors, they're just a kind of electrical box. I just unplug the hozelock connectors & whip it out, mind I don't have to these days as have immersion in tank & that keeps the van frost free.

cheers wimp, looks like an old telephone cable , is that your black phone box, those bending conectors in your hose, i havent seen them around when looking in outlets for my fittings. everyone has different bits and bobs in there fittings.

what is in the black box
It's a mini RCD & acts as both a fuse & power off switch. I have a customer who builds model aircraft (serious ones with mini jet engine turbines) & he's also an electronics genius. I asked him to solder me a few wires one day & he completely re did my pump electrics!!/emoticons/biggrin.png

This is the guy who invented those welding masks that go dark as soon as you start to weld!!

I've always had my pump in a box with controller stuck on the outside vis velcro strips. I'll see if I can get a picture, you can buy the boxes from the likes of City Electrical Factors, they're just a kind of electrical box. I just unplug the hozelock connectors & whip it out, mind I don't have to these days as have immersion in tank & that keeps the van frost free.
A kid I went to school with married the daughter of the bloke who formed City Electrical Factors. She was a bit of a pig apparently. They suspected that my mate was having it away, so they fitted a camera in his car and caught him on film with a prossie. Bang went his private jets and Swiss mansions /emoticons/biggrin.png

Sorry, went off topic there, as you were :thumbsup:

A kid I went to school with married the daughter of the bloke who formed City Electrical Factors. She was a bit of a pig apparently. They suspected that my mate was having it away, so they fitted a camera in his car and caught him on film with a prossie. Bang went his private jets and Swiss mansions /emoticons/biggrin.png
Sorry, went off topic there, as you were :thumbsup:
Nowt wrong wi' going off topic if it's in return for juicy gossip Tuffers!!/emoticons/biggrin.png

We had a homebase close down near us, mrs bought out all their hozelock stuff for pence, got a bag full /emoticons/biggrin.png
Got some of the blue B&Q ones as well, they work well enough.
Got some of wilkos hose connectors a few months back @ 10p each. Bought loads

well all set up today, a few teething problems, one hose pushfit leaked, had a wilko one so put that one on, fine now, after we set up NOTHING, no power, we had battery out and in, charge back up, still no power.

the fuse i said, forgot to put it in fuse holder. kept getting confused which way taps were on / off. all went well in the end.

now i have to get hose fittings so i can disconect when frost predicted. i dont want it freezing in van. need to go back onto ebay and get some hose connectors with a small tap on, to stop the waterflow for when i disconect the hosepipe pushfits off so i can disconect the pump ensuring not much water waste , or mess in van. still need to position it for the best access for working and to release it from hose,s when needed

i should have got a watertank tap with a bend in it, save bending hose for pump connection.

its all a learning curve

thanks for everyones feedback. greatly apreciated as always

Back