Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van Mount Or Trolley?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Tuffers

I've been using a trolley for a while now. This weekend I fitted a van mount. It's only the second day using it, but I'm finding it a ball ache if I'm honest. All the snagging on plants, going back to the van to see why the water's not coming through, reeling the effing thing in, moving the van just a few yards up the street to save having the hose going across the road. Oh and I kicked **** out of a hose guide today too.

At this moment in time I'm thinking of going back to just the trolley. I have used the trolley today to avoid dog muck in gardens and I think it's quicker.

What do you prefer?

[noswear]

Bud i know it was not swearing as such, but it was only two letters short.

Dont worry i just wanted to use it /emoticons/tongue.png

As for your dilemma as i said in that PM. I went back to a trolley after a month, i dont see how people are quicker on a hose i really dont.

Van mount all the way for me!

Once to get used to its great, nice large 375lt barrel instead of a 25lt. No waste of time filling smaller barrels, carrying loads of barrels,

I have a 350 tank with a bilge pump mounted in it.

Takes me around 25 seconds to fill the trolley up.

98% of the time i wont run out of water.

I have tried the whole round on a reel and hated it.

Two lads near me average £440 a day. Both from trolleys.

I might try the bilge pump route Dammo. Good idea!
12v from ebay and cost about £16 posted.
What you do is mount a plastic pipe onto the bilge. Like conduit. Run to the roof of the tank.

Cut hole in tank,

Put in a plastic hull skin fitting.

Run decent sized pipe to an on/off tap.

Jobs a good un.

Things to look out for.

1 Use a decent sized pipe 19mm, do not use any bigger.

2 Seal hull sking fitting.

3 DONT DRILL LID OF TANK.

4 Make sure you have correct barb fittings etc etc (took me some time to work it all out)

Trolleys have there uses, like back packs, but only van mounts are good on large jobs. Saves lots of time.

On a large job then yeah i would use the van mount.

On first cleans i kinda still use a trolley.

First 20L All frames and glass is cleaned with "special mix"

Then cleaned again with pure water with the residue of "special mix"

Then cleaned rinsed again with pure only.

If the house takes 20 mins normally, my method takes 40 mins - 50 mins. As each cleaning stage is quick. BUT i do not get spotting and i do no get complaints!

On a large job then yeah i would use the van mount.

On first cleans i kinda still use a trolley.

First 20L All frames and glass is cleaned with "special mix"

Then cleaned again with pure water with the residue of "special mix"

Then cleaned rinsed again with pure only.

If the house takes 20 mins normally, my method takes 40 mins - 50 mins. As each cleaning stage is quick. BUT i do not get spotting and i do no get complaints!

start a new thread damo I want to hear more about this special mix

12v from ebay and cost about £16 posted.
What you do is mount a plastic pipe onto the bilge. Like conduit. Run to the roof of the tank.

Cut hole in tank,

Put in a plastic hull skin fitting.

Run decent sized pipe to an on/off tap.

Jobs a good un.

Things to look out for.

1 Use a decent sized pipe 19mm, do not use any bigger.

2 Seal hull sking fitting.

3 DONT DRILL LID OF TANK.

4 Make sure you have correct barb fittings etc etc (took me some time to work it all out)
Hmm, I might just syphon it lolz

It is hard to get it set up right mate. Its all the adoptions etc.

But once done, if it ever fails £15 and you replace the pump /emoticons/smile.png

One van has been bilging for over 2 years lol

Van mount is the best and most of my work is all residential.... i reel the hose in and out in no time... even if ive got to drag the hose up to 50mtrs i will still be quick its all about co ordination get the right length of hose and of you go

trolley ive used before and was a headache.... if i had a trolley now id be 2 weeks behind on work lol i really wud /emoticons/tongue.png

Latest Posts

Back