Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Price of each window cleaning

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hello people, just wondering what prices to charge for each window.I understand it's cheaper in different areas but would just like a ruff idea what people charge for each individual window thankyou /emoticons/smile.png

Sent using the Window Cleaning Forums mobile app
I've literally never counted how many windows a house has... your gonna need to know how long something will take you... I can clean 14 easy windows a lot quicker than 8 awkward ones or ones I gotta climb on an extension... make any sense?!

I never charge per window..some do but i never do

Take what you want to earn per hour eg £33 and divide that by how long the job should take including setting up and packing away

Any job under 20 minutes would be 11 quid ..then charge for how long it would take for any job over that

I just kind of look at it and say that will be 12 quid or whatever. Not quite sure what the formula is but it seems to work out about 30 quid an hour. I suppose you just get good at taking a quick look and knowing how long it will take without over thinking it too much.

I charge 50p per standard size opening window.

When pricing up, I split up all glass to this size and multiply number by 50p.

1c7a0695c0b911ad3453e0589d85f8ab.jpg

£1 above.

47cf292676f2b682c96b2226d876cf25.jpg

£1.50 above.

f57c6b4ff3fbe6d825e8d098bbdffcbd.jpg

£3 above.

I've always priced by windows first, minimum £1 per window, more for bigger ones. Then after having a good look around the house I adjust the price for area, accessibility, type of windows and awkwardness. It's not 100% foolproof but nothing ever is. I never guess because I don't like nasty surprises. Always worked for me.

I've always charged per window. It means all customers are on a level playing field. If I charged by time I'd be shooting myself in the foot. Eg 4 detached houses in same street. £15 each. 15 minutes each tops. £60.

I look for around £30 an hour. So shall I charge them £7.50. Each. [emoji39]

Charging by time doesn't make sense to me, sorry.

I've always charged per window. It means all customers are on a level playing field. If I charged by time I'd be shooting myself in the foot. Eg 4 detached houses in same street. £15 each. 15 minutes each tops. £60. I look for around £30 an hour. So shall I charge them £7.50. Each. [emoji39]

Charging by time doesn't make sense to me, sorry.

You charge by time as in how long it would take you to turn up, set up, clean and pack away that job alone. If four are together that's a bonus for you.

Window Cleaner Chelmsford Chelmsford Cleaning Services

I agree with Sam, I have several places where I have 20/30/40 houses in the street and they are all priced on time. I can understand charging by window but what if that window is getting up on a garage or access takes longer than normal. Especially works better on the longer jobs. I do KFC and charge them per hour. Also windows are all shapes and sizes so trying to be on a level playing field you would have to do it by the area lol. Each to their own and what works for one may not be good for another.

You charge by time as in how long it would take you to turn up, set up, clean and pack away that job alone. If four are together that's a bonus for you.

Window Cleaner Chelmsford Chelmsford Cleaning Services
Also if three out of the four ditched you, you would be left with one house @ £7.50 which should be more like £12-15 and having to either double the cost which can't see customer being to happy about or putting up with an under priced house.

Also if three out of the four ditched you, you would be left with one house @ £7.50 which should be more like £12-15 and having to either double the cost which can't see customer being to happy about or putting up with an under priced house.

If 3 out of 4 ditched me , I would be left with 1 at £15.

I take in to account access, over garages, getting ladders off etc and reflect that and charge extra accordingly.

Simply saying for me, pricing per window works well.

I would even say that probably works out around the same price, unless your expecting a ridiculous hourly rate. [emoji106] [emoji3]

Back