Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What kit do we need?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Just a pointer, rain does not clean Solar Panels as it contains minerals and leaves watermarks on the panels. For the same example, if you left your Windows for the rain to clean them and didn't get a window cleaner in, they would get dirty. The same thing will happen to solar panels.
And just to add to that, most solar panel installers actually require their panels to be kept clean. (In the small print on the warrenty)
Welcome @Christian Eley, can I ask what 'solar soakers' is, is it a solar panel cleaning company?

By and large the pitch determines how dirty they are, that and what local dust there is such as milling machines, straw sprayers, dust extraction etc.

Residential panels are rarely as dirty as farm arrays. I have seen some facing north with moss on though.

Sorry @Taxlossloz but (especially) in the summer when I clean panels you can easily do a 50/50 and see the difference with all the dust etc washed off.
I dont believe anything is truly 'self cleaning'.

To a degree yes but not 100%
Dust ? Exactly

that's cos it ant rained on em !

Just go ahead and clean them as you would a window, all hype this needing training malarky, I do some work now and again for a small solar panel installer that has me go and wash them after there installers have fitted them, they know there stuff and cleaning them is totally fine, just pole away on em!

I didn't know there was so much to cleaning solar panels. I have been cleaning some for a customer for about 8 years. Use same brush as for windows never worn gloves or used any chemicals lives on a main road so they get cleaned every time I'm there. Just pole em and collect the £££

Back