Strangest object you've cleaned?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat & Introductions' started by MyLittleCleaningCompany, Mar 13, 2012.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. I was asked to return to a customers address yesterday only after cleaning her windows 2 weeks ago. Her neighbour had just had block paving put in on her drive and brick dust went everywhere. She only asked for the front to be done and the garage door! Bit strange, but an extra few pound for me.
    So I was wondering what's the strangest object you've been asked to clean? Or the strangest property?
  2. badbusdriver

badbusdriver Guest

I regularly clean customers garage doors. Only takes a minute of my time, and keeps them happy, so why not?. Mind you, i wont do them if they are old and scabby with paint and rust flaking off!.

I was asked by a customer to clean a glass topped garden table, as it was covered in bird poo, and muck. So i propped one side up with bricks so the water ran off and gave it a good going over, customer was well chuffed with the result!.
  3. Paul

Paul Guest

Sorry nowt to do with window cleaning but when I first joined the army I was give a block of coal and told to clean and polish it, :-/ guess what it can be done 8 hours later a shining block of coal.
  4. Gav

Gav Grand Master

Dec 18, 2010
    Yesterday a guy next door the where I was cleaning called me over to give him a quote. So gave home a quote and got the job, and did it there and then.

As I started setting up he dragged out is pressure washer to do patio next to his cony. I said to him if he was doing it now that his windows would not be clean or dry very clean. He replied ye that's fine wmyou carry on so I carry on while he splatters mess everywhere. I stopped and said again this is a bit of a waist of your money. He replied not to fussed I will just wash the mess I make off latter. LOL

Anyway he was well happy and got it monthly! ;)

Sent from Tapatalk. App for iPhone, Android and blackberry.
  5. mark m

mark m Hero

Feb 22, 2012
    I have been cleaning a pig sty all day today
  6. It's just getting weirder and weirder, don't know if that beats Paul's coal though!
  7. Matty H

Matty H Forum Addict

Jan 23, 2012
    Not me personally but knew another windy in my area who was asked by a custie if he could wash his dog with it ha ha CRACKERS
  8. Paul

Paul Guest

Haha some weird sorts about :D would be funny to see tho

I'll never forget that day cleaning coal, worst 8 hours of my army career.
  9. Don't think I can beat the dog or coal! Just taken a call from a lady who wants her houseboat windows cleaned, should be interesting!
  10. Paul

Paul Guest

Get your armbands ready :-/