Streamline Digital Controller

Discussion in 'Water Fed Pole Cleaning' started by window washer, Jun 8, 2011.

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums.
    Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

1. Can anyone help with this?
    I use a Streamline digital flow controller. I am told by a friend to set the calibration at 50 but the very small instructions suggest 30 so at the moment I am at 30 but am unsure.
    On top of this we have the flow - what is the difference?
    Obviously the flow rate is the amount of water used per minute so I use 35 - 40 but do not know what relevance the calibration is to this.
    What am I calibrating exactly and does this affect flo rates?

2. Hinty

Hinty Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2011
    The calibration is nothing to do with the flow, but is adjusting how sensitive the controller is to the increase in strain on the pump (slightly more current draw) when the water is stopped at the pole (aqua-dapter, tap etc)

Too low - the pump either wont come on, or keeps on - off - on - off............
    because the pressure is building in the hose, and then releasing through the jets.

Too high - takes ages to shut off, and results in greater pressure in the hoses etc - with more danger of springing a leak.

3. Dave,
    I once knew that as we have discussed it before but I confused myself by trying to think too much and had completely forgotten what was what so THANK YOU once again.