Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anbody Bothered With Trigger Fingers Or Sore Fingers?

My main problem is ingrained shite in my fingers :confused:, I tried using latex gloves but they kept getting stuck between the sections on the pole, bloody annoying it was.

Mee hands are constantly a mess, dry, nicks & small cuts......they are basically sand paper hands. They don't lock though - that's still to come.

My knees started playing up - it doesn't like kneeling anymore:(

Yes I get that sometimes too mainly when griping small diameter poles for long periods of time. When working with larger 50 mm guttervac poles I don’t get cramp in my fingers at all. Therefore it must be something to do with the hand/fingers muscles natural grip width.

As title. Im 56 and getting bothered with sore fingers and one keeps locking. Just wondered if its a common problem or is it age related?
Cheers,

Steve

Yes I get that sometimes too mainly when griping small diameter poles for long periods of time. When working with larger 50 mm guttervac poles I don’t get cramp in my fingers at all. Therefore it must be something to do with the hand/fingers muscles natural grip width.
I have the same problem but its when I use my bigger diamt SLX40. My fingers go into cramp. Once I don't need to use the SLX40 anymore, I put it away and take out my SLX22 and finish the job off with that.

Why don't someone produce an ultralite carbon pole with a kevlar outer skin then. No more black hand and might be bullet proof too /emoticons/biggrin.png

Your right Smurf. No body told me that for weeks afterwards it would be more pain than before the op…

Though, they did tell me to rest the hand for a while, and I was out driving and working the next day.

Its good now though

Why don't someone produce an ultralite carbon pole with a kevlar outer skin then. No more black hand and might be bullet proof too /emoticons/biggrin.png
Ahem....http://gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/gardiner-ultimatetm-high-reach-pole-coming-soon-1415.html

might be worth padding out your squeegee handles . i know H man does that and he once sent me a squeegee with a padded out handle- padded wi A GENEROUS WRAP OF car carpeting -wide grip felt totally different ,

in a nice way

it put the tendons in my wrist in a different place

I noticed the new moerman swivel handle has a wide grip, praps theyr first to address the problem

Last edited:
Thw moerman swivel has got a nicer feel to it when holding it

Definitely better width

Bet it gives better grip when trying to release pole to collapse it when wet

Only problem i have with harris pole is trying to grip it while i twist clamps when raining

If/when you get into wfp work or use a wfp for trad pole work you will find those harris pole clamps are a pile of poo @daveyboy1 compaired to proper wfp clamps.

@hman u r the dude I seen an old post on here about making mini poles. I'm goin do a project this Sunday as got the pole. Hose. Brush. Angel adaptor. Free all I need is grip for it was guns use the stuff ya wrap a hockey stick handle bwit

Latest Posts

Back