Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First time offender, would you let it go this once..?

Trev81

4 weekly customer, been reliable since the start, nice farm house and adjoing house so money is quite good and is always cash on the day, had this come over late last night, what would you guys of said..?

Hi it's ***** from Dilhorne, can we leave windows tomorrow please? Xx

4 weekly customer, been reliable since the start, nice farm house and adjoing house so money is quite good and is always cash on the day, had this come over late last night, what would you guys of said..?
Hi it's ***** from Dilhorne, can we leave windows tomorrow please? Xx
Maybe text back asking if there's a problem?

Unless you know the reason hard to say really.

Had one yesterday. 8 weekly, second clean. Can you leave it. They are nice as pie customers. No reason given.

A brief explanation as to why it's not really cricket done politely and see if the reason is valid before just axing them off.

Saw a customer last week young lad and Mrs with 2 sprogs he has a really badly smashed leg from getting run over in a job site a short while ago. He asked me if I can leave it for now, monies tight till he goes back to work. Always been a good customer so we ended up agreeing I would start again 8n March by which time he should be fit for work.

You can't really sack off a customer for wanting a miss untill you know the reason. IMO

Just come back with another message, "prob leave em till spring now"

Like F*** you will I thought, so shes had the polite I wirk year round and bills are to be met year round to so I will be replacing her job and doubtful I will have room come the spring.

I've come to a point where I can afford to lose a few and I need to reduce the workload a bit; first up is a customer with a house that takes just under an hour, she likes to skip frequently and likes her insides done almost every other clean. Kitchens work tops and windows are always covered in fat, the imbecile husband likes to barbecue up against a large triple window and nothing's ever cleared off the inside cills for me. This jobs priced too cheap, I inherited at fourteen outside, twenty eight in and out, I increased to eighteen, thirty six which us still not enough; she has just done a double skip, no doubt expecting me to call just before Christmas for an in and out...she's going to wait a long time for that call (might be different if she was something to look at but she ain't).....next one to go is some moron I took on earlier this year, he said previous cleaners stopped turning up (that should have got the alarm bells ringing) seems a nice enough bloke and the job is not a bad earner but he is a slow payer. Learning this I text him Sunday night telling I was cleaning next day and got a thank you back, I text him again when I finished telling him where the bill was which he again thanked me for; four days later, still no transfer. I'm not reminding him again, I will check in a couple of weeks, if he hasn't paid I will visit him when I'm going past and get my dough, he can then look again for another cleaner.

I've shed a few recently. Just put them in the ' if they call me I'll think about it and charge accordingly' pile.

Feels good.

I suspect this one is a serial fair weather custy, she replied earlier "ok thanks will get in touch in the spring" I guess I 'may' consider her next year as shes cash each time I turn up and I over charged it anyway, so maybe next year with a slight pay increase I might take her back on for some extra dosh.

But as that door closed this morning, I got a contract approved this afternoon for a large university day nursery 4 times yearly insides and outs with the opportunity to tender for the whole campus now I am on their system, so in the big picture I guess it is not worth getting peeed off over the odd domestic winter cry off as there is always other things around the corner.

Just come back with another message, "prob leave em till spring now"
Like F*** you will I thought, so shes had the polite I wirk year round and bills are to be met year round to so I will be replacing her job and doubtful I will have room come the spring.
It must be a real culture shock to people when they realise that the ball is not in thier court but ours. You could have ended by saying "Thats a shame, you're going to miss the complimentary christmas clean, goodbye" ......."No no no wait" .....*Click* /emoticons/biggrin.png

You've gotta have some fun with these arsholes

Latest Posts

Back