Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

To canvass or to clean?

dt clean

Hi guys n gals. Im new to the forum and here on cheap n cheerfuls recommendation. I met the cheery bloke when cleaning in sandbach a few months ago.

here is my dilemma.

I currently work full time with one other member of staff. we have grown to max capacity. our work is 4 weekly but its currently taking us 5 weeks to clean all the work. I want to bring in more work so I can take on another worker. do I do the canvassing and take on another cleanee full time so I can grow the business or do I take on a canvasser so I can still run my work and take on another worker on shorter hours. maybe a couple of days per week. not enough hours in the day. help....

Welcome DT, I have recently started to expand myself, I have 2 girls canvassing for me, one three days per week the other 4 days per week, I will take on my next van early feb and pretty much put a new guy on full time then pick up the overspill myself and canvass with the girls when not cleaning, then once at capacity again, another van.

Regards to CNC if you pass him in the street.

Welcome DT, I have recently started to expand myself, I have 2 girls canvassing for me, one three days per week the other 4 days per week, I will take on my next van early feb and pretty much put a new guy on full time then pick up the overspill myself and canvass with the girls when not cleaning, then once at capacity again, another van.
Regards to CNC if you pass him in the street.
this may sound big headed but I just wish I had another me I know I am the best person to run my round I also know that there is no one better than me to promote my work but not enough hours in the day. two years ago it was just me and 80 houses. now I have a little commercial work. 650 houses and a nice large quarterly commercial clean. I will pass on my regards should I see cheapie.

Back