Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Getting Dragged Back Everyday Cos Of New Customers

harunh

When im cleaning im always picking up like 2 new customers... i clean their house for them their and then /emoticons/smile.png and then fit it with my schedule but i noticed when this happens i take a lot more time as doing a first clean takes double time and i also use a lot more water

i just had 2 cleans their their frames and sills etc were drity as toke me 50 mins to do each house thats how bad it was now had to come back home to fill up... i was only 1 mile away from my house but i gotta go out now and i got 15 houses to do /emoticons/mellow.png lol

but sometimes i tell them i cant clean them until next time and their fine with it

Just work a little longer in the day if it's taken longer or what I do if it's grafted I tell them that I like to do a deep clean the first time so takes a little longer to finish so I can fit them in, when ever suits me best. I do either at the end of the day or following day.

H...listen, the word is 'took', not 'toke'.

You are gona have this problem H, you're still in your first year and it's part of the job and it'll get tougher before it gets easier. It's just simply a sign of how well you're doing and you have to remember that. When you first started up and only had 20-30 houses, you wouldn't have noticed it and would have welcomed it too but, now that you have so much on, you're gonna feel it mate and as you expand into more area's, it'll keep happening as more and more new customers step into your life. Once you have the area locked down, it will slow down.

I love it when I get stretched like that but, it isn't happening too much at the moment and I'm in my quiet week at the moment and sitting here without any work until next week, when I start week one again. I don't charge extra for first cleans either but, once I get as busy as you are now and a first clean may take a chunk out of your afternoon, well, it's something you might want to consider.

Mart.

Mart did you work with the lad who is on the voice at the mo as his intro vid shows him as a window cleaner with the same company name on his tee-shirt as yours?

Mart did you work with the lad who is on the voice at the mo as his intro vid shows him as a window cleaner with the same company name on his tee-shirt as yours?
Lol no. I thought I'd picked a unique name but, I suppose there has to be more than one WC with the same name...just like there must be loads of clearview's, seethru's and easyshines.

I just spent the whole day in one area and once home 2 new customers just called asking when I will be in that area. I am still building my round and still need 50-100 customers so I said I will be there on Saturday.

Took me 4 years to get my round in order. Before that was running about all over the show. Now I'm full if they come & ask me I do it on my terms. If I can't fit it in that day I do it next time I'm round. Most haven't had there windows cleaned for months so there happy to wait. Another 6 weeks don't make any difference.

Latest Posts

Back