Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

How to run two reels off one pump

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hi & welcome @SMS cleaning

I never tried it but I suppose the pump flow would need to be incleased by at least double if you wanted to run two 100m hoses off one pump. You can get a chepo garden hose Y splitter and give it a go I suppose.

Not a good idea. Flow would be rubbish. I run my shurflo at full. Wouldn't fancy it on half the flow. I used to run it on about 60 but spend more time rinsing

Dredge that's insane? You run your 100psi on full? I run mine on around 50 and it's more than enough, any higher and its like a tank with a water canon shooting at hooligans!

Hi Chris I'm not running a di in van as already done at purify end so could I just split two ways at shurflo out as have van ports then just connect reels .what happens though if I'm working and one pole gets shut will the flow double through this pole ?what psi do you run two at ?cheers

Dredge that's insane? You run your 100psi on full? I run mine on around 50 and it's more than enough, any higher and its like a tank with a water canon shooting at hooligans!
See that's the sort of pressure my mate gets out of his but I just can't get mine anywhere near it even if I whack the psi and flow right up. You any idea why this would be?

hi sms

yes I guess u could split straight from the pump if the connection is correct.

and yeah, when we shut one reel off the pressure does increase through the other reel but we just turn the controller back down to 3 which it would be on to run one reel. not sure what the psi is that pumps through, ive got a digital controller that comes off my shurflo pump and it doesn't say what the psi is. I guess it may be written on the pump? I'll have a look tomoz..

Our flow favoured one pole everytime we tried this so ditched the idea and had a new pump fitted in van , few years back now

I tried it and it bairly works. One pump has pressure and the other dribbles out water. Better to have two of everything

I just got a hose lock splitter for £12 as shown above.just have to run the controller on '4' instead of '3'

works a treat
I might try this first as I was going to buy a new batt,pump,controller but if this works I'm going to be a happy man [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our flow favoured one pole everytime we tried this so ditched the idea and had a new pump fitted in van , few years back now
Do you have to buy a new battery as well as pump and controller?

It does work, we had to turn flow up from 4 to 6 (and obv turn it down when one of us is done), it's not even full blast, so it's not going to wreck the pump or anything.

Do you have to buy a new battery as well as pump and controller?

We had everything running from the 1 leisure battery, worked very well

I got mine from a hardware store in town that stock a lot of hoselock gear neil.

any similar stockist should sell them I guess.. or hoselock direct from Internet maybe!?

I got mine from a hardware store in town that stock a lot of hoselock gear neil.any similar stockist should sell them I guess.. or hoselock direct from Internet maybe!?
Is there much point in getting the one you have with the taps on? It is so that If one person is finished you turn one side off and all the water will flow faster through one

Back