Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Don't Laugh. Ok, Laugh A Litte Bit.

Joseph

Afternoon All.

I'm in the process of thinking about starting window cleaning, I've had long chats about it with 3 of my friends who it works well for but I'm not rushing into anything.

My current thought process is starting out with traditional because of the start up costs.

and, here comes the killer...I can't drive but I sure as heck can cycle and that's how I want to get around my round.

I've had a little peek through the forums and it seems like a few of you wouldn't mind trying the bike thing out.

I live in a large housing estate next to an even bigger housing estate with plenty of cycle paths around.

At the moment, this is all I have in mind for carrying my gear/sandwiches:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221052729516?ssPageName=STRK:MESINDXX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2649

So, without laughing, how would you go down this route? Mostly though, how would you bypass the ladder thing? What are my options?

Thanks in advance all.

Gonna move to Introductions but welcome aboard mate.

I'm not laughing at all mate it's a good idea if you can generate a compact round, on the ladder front maybe use a small 2.5m triple aluminium ladder and rig a bracket on the little trailer there and have the ladder coming up over you.

Thanks Dodger. (and for moving this, realised I made a boo boo just as I clicked post)

I just came across someone on here (Can't find it now...) who had a nice little trolley system w/a reach and wash (I think) pole. It cost him about £160. If anyone can find that link for me again, and tell me what they think about that for me...?

i was speaking to a window cleaner couple of years back a older guy bout late 50's had been window cleaning for years and doesn't drive he said he has a ladder on each estate that he works on (im assuming at 1 of his customers house) and he said he cycles to that estate uses the ladder thats there then puts it back when finished and does this for each area he works in.

Bloke who cleans round here doesn't drive. He comes on the train and appears on his round with a set of ladders. Go figure as Alan would say.

For the the simple life stick to trad if you really do intend going down the bike route.

And welcome!

go for it mate lord sugar started low

thats how he became massive /emoticons/wink.png

aslong as ya working hard mate u will reap the rewards

there is a guy in our town he has couple sets off ladders !! he just works his round been doing it for years.

he has loads of work in the town centre.

think of the money he saves no fuel costs. You will soon pick up the graft to you could under charge becouse your expenses are so low.

How much money is lost throught wasted driving getting to your graft rain starts

good idea best off luck

duncs

Back