Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Minimum charge.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

RyanL

Hi,

How many of you have a minimun charge? I priced up a job today, ground floor flat 5 double windows trad at my 8 quid minimum and the customer nearly fainted. In my area that's a good price and I've got a fair few with less glass that don't complain and some of the older folk even pay me a tenner and always say keep the change. The way I see it is if I don't have a lower limit then I'm undervaluing myself.

yeh I ve had enough of being used to clean :turd: off and then not get the regular call so my minimum is a tenner ..

a recent job estimate I cnba to get out of the car there was no where remotely near to park and it was a two front window mid terrace so maybe three window around the back....so its a tenner or I dont get out ..

to much to do at home.../emoticons/biggrin.png

Haha maybe I should up mine a bit! Saying that anything over ground floor and the price goes up anyway.

me I just like rounded figures...the funny thing is ...just as I am trying to get em all to a tenner....

along comes the fiveteen pound note.....honest..

Ive been cleaning certain roads 15/16/17 years and have a very dense group of customers of those roads which have gone through several price increases, one such avenue has flats all with 5 window units, varrying in size as usual from small bathroom window to a 5 pane lounge unit with other windows as a two pane unit. I charge£4.50 for these but i have about three hours worth of work of these mixed with a few small houses.

If i started an exactly the same style flat elsewhere i would charge more as im likely to only get a couple to clean, but i will still change these fairly small prices on established spots as u go from flat to flat and the hourly rate is high.

I think minimum for a regular house is £10 for new areas for me, but in and amongst an established area with tiny houses i will change lower if im already doing neighbours at these lower prices. Its all relevant,

You will find a lot of what I call old school been doing it for years charge very little and in doing so have very compact rounds. These happen to be mostly trad only guys and is not unusual that they have ladders left around the area they work in ppl back gardens too

You will find a lot of what I call old school been doing it for years charge very little and in doing so have very compact rounds. These happen to be mostly trad only guys and is not unusual that they have ladders left around the area they work in ppl back gardens too
Haha, sounds like me befoe i had a car /emoticons/tongue.png

Didn't have a minimum price until the I got stung by a couple of @@@@@ that moved away without paying ... There were quite clever , didn't see it coming .........social housing .if not in when cleaned I call when I see the lights on . Might be a pain in the neck but better than a loss .... Forgot to say £10 min now. Don't want them done at that price well Ill find custies that will !!!!!!

Cant remember the amount of times ive just never been paid, part and parcle of an evolving round

You have to have a minimum, even if you are so cheap as to say £6.50, the government thinks a minimum of £6.50 is fair (personally I think it's too low)

We have a minimum of £8 for bungalows and flats sometimes even granny in a small terrace.

The reason as I tell the customer is the truth, you have to pay for tools, fuel, your time, in some cases water etc.

If they want it doing for free they can do it themselves.

You have to have a minimum, even if you are so cheap as to say £6.50, the government thinks a minimum of £6.50 is fair (personally I think it's too low)
We have a minimum of £8 for bungalows and flats sometimes even granny in a small terrace.

The reason as I tell the customer is the truth, you have to pay for tools, fuel, your time, in some cases water etc.

If they want it doing for free they can do it themselves.
Really? The government say that £6.50 is a fair minimum? Is this for houses? Sometimes there really are small flats eh? I think £1 per unit is great but i dont generally reach that on every house (wish i did)

But it would be good to say £6.50 absolute minimim, recomended by the gov

So he would do my house for £2.30Numpty
was most satisfying to inform him i was doing a victorian shopfront for £50 [truth is its £40] when he had been doing it for £10 for 20yrs ,till he broke a window apparently . he had a really humble lad with him who said nothing,im going to poach him one day!

Nearly all my jobs work out at more than £1 a unit
That sounds perfect dave. Ive been a bit behind with pricing up until a year ago, ive made a real effort this year to build up my round with well priced jobs and i increased almost all more exsisting customers by £1, makes a big difference, u start to actually want to go out and clean them as the hourly rate is very good

Like paul said its all relative. I often find it can work in my favour to work just a little cheaper on a house if I have a few of the neighbours. £10 is a good minimum charge though and if folk arent prepared to pay it, then do you really need them on the books?

Yeah, i think u get better as u go, learn from mistakes etc.

Everyone reading this will know full well that there are several houses on your round which you would consider your favorites, the ones that seem a dream to clean

The ones you have good payers for

AAstar customers, well priced, and you think to yourself, i just wish i could clean this exact style house only, and then i would have a perfect rou d, well these are what you base your future on, concentrate on these houses/flats/shops. Keep what u got but increase their price of drop as u increase these AAstar houses, and treat them with that little bit of extra care which u probably already do, u feel u can clean those extra bits and still be more that happy. The ones that u ring the bell when u have finished and u automatically clean the inside pane of the door for free while u wait and u make sure they see u doing so, this is the standard to base your round

Back