Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Minimum charge.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I understand the reasoning for minimum pricing but a tenner is a bit stiff, it's not really giving a service is it?
Perhaps if you are potting along on your own it's doesn't matter a darn what you charge. I have two lads on my books both getting paid above living wage standards and both work like a demon for me but to make it work and provide a salary for 3 of us full time there has to be a minimum charge to make it worth me sending them out.

We do have a lovely old granny on our round and her worthless family never bother to visit so we were pretty much the highlight of her month as we would take 15 minutes to chat to her. She was going cancel as on her pension (and she does look like she is just above the bread line) she couldn't afford our service. Now we still do her windows but accept payment in a cup of tea.

Minimum charge is really a personal matter, when you are solo or you are the boss it's your money so if you want to charge 50p per house that's your business.

We have had people ask for a quote, tell us we are too expensive and as we are 'on their street anyway' and I always tell them the same. If the price is too high then don't have our service, and we would still come to their street if they were the only customer we had on that street.

At the end of the day it's all personal choice.

yeah your right mate, I'm just me & sometimes my lad so i always think in those terms but i walk past the 2 windows with the pole up anyway so its probs only 2 mins work

and yep still we have the area distortion of down south...but I charge a min of £10 as it costs that much to get me out of my chair and some jobs....I ...er..just dont really want...but dont have the heart to say ..I CANNA be **** d to clean your windows.../emoticons/biggrin.png

ahh but thats why I go back afterwards to clean the sills...and okay as a fully fledged born again traddy...I KEEP an eye on this new fangled wfp self drying water technology.../emoticons/biggrin.png

ahh but thats why I go back afterwards to clean the sills...and okay as a fully fledged born again traddy...I KEEP an eye on this new fangled wfp self drying water technology.../emoticons/biggrin.png
Perv /emoticons/biggrin.png

I'm still stuck at £7.00 minimum charge they is so much competition in the area ,I tried a £10 minimum but got so many enquiries not getting back to me I had no choice but to make a standard 3 bed £7

yep with you on that abs.....but I am selective with the min charge as if the job is right in my area and she is a milf...I can forget it../emoticons/biggrin.png

its more for the out of area one tiny house nowhere to park scenario where I dont really want to go anyway

Each job is different but I always get a good price now or I just walk away and let some other numpty do it cheaper. Those sorts generally don't last long when they find themselves running around like a headless chicken working long hours for next to bugger all.

How many customers you have on your books I think is irrelevant if you don't get your pricing right.

yep I am listening my name is grasshopper.....:Dwhen you can walk on the rice paper without breaking it you are free to go....

ha ha its before daveyboys time.....and they kinda spoilt it when they said it was all special effects and he couldnt do it...

A wise old man said to me....

"Man with hole in pocket feels cocky all day"

Is that why the master was blind? /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back