Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Housing Estate

Tuffers

A total of 37 houses going up with just one occupied so far. I put a leaflet through a couple of weeks ago and heard nowt. As I was passing on my way home, I thought I'd knock the door if a car was on the drive and there was. Tuffers charm turned on, ding dong, "Oh hi, I don't know if you have sorted a window cleaner out yet, but can I leave my leaflet with you?" Do you use the pole or go up a ladder, she asks. "I use the pole." Oh I don't like the pole, as it will leave my rendering wet, she says. Me starting to think nutter alert. "If I did the windows off a ladder, I would be leaving holes in your flower beds, as I wouldn't be able to reach the windows over the porch front on." Ok, she says have a look round and tell me how much, I have already had a window cleaner quote but didn't like his approach towards me and he quoted £**. I look round and think, yeah he's about right with his price. I just moved from London and was paying £10 she says, yes you heard right £10! I give her my price which is the same as the other window cleaner and I will clean them this week WFP. I have one of my customers moving onto the estate this month too, so I may be in a position to make the place all mine. Not too bothered about the woman who has taken me on (I will put up with her until my mission is complete) but she is the very first house in the road and it's a cul-de-sac. First house and be seen cleaning by all who pass /emoticons/wink.png

Good work tuffers. I have a new estate that, so far, is all mine.....only 20 houses on this estate though. I got the very first occupant the day after she moved in. She was more than happy with my technique (window cleaning, that is), so she asked me for a supply of my business cards. Whenever anyone new moves onto the estate she recruits them for me. A very pursuasive lady she is. She hasnt failed yet.

Make sure you get the next few who move onto the new estate tuffers, even if it means going out of your way. Once you get the first 6 or 7 customers it will put the other windys off.

Ps.....I do this ladies internal windows as well.....she always takes a bath whilst I do them!. Of course, I always remain gentlemanly and professional!

nce one tuffers get in there me bird u will soon have the lot once they all c gleaming windows an fraims on the first, i have a small estate wich ive allmost took over the other guy is trad an broke some tiles so i have picked up a few jobs frm him every time i go there i get 1 or to more im trying to get the lot lol :cool:

Good work tuffers. I have a new estate that, so far, is all mine.....only 20 houses on this estate though. I got the very first occupant the day after she moved in. She was more than happy with my technique (window cleaning, that is), so she asked me for a supply of my business cards. Whenever anyone new moves onto the estate she recruits them for me. A very pursuasive lady she is. She hasnt failed yet.
Make sure you get the next few who move onto the new estate tuffers, even if it means going out of your way. Once you get the first 6 or 7 customers it will put the other windys off.

Ps.....I do this ladies internal windows as well.....she always takes a bath whilst I do them!. Of course, I always remain gentlemanly and professional!
She always takes a bath when you clean insides!? :eek: Ooh err mrs leg it or leg over /emoticons/biggrin.png

i got a custmer who i swiched to wfp the next time i came to clean she said the windows dident dry :confused: i then looked at the glass an said it looks dry to me :cool: she got used to it an is fine now /emoticons/biggrin.png

I must remember that one /emoticons/biggrin.png

i got a custmer who i swiched to wfp the next time i came to clean she said the windows dident dry :confused: i then looked at the glass an said it looks dry to me :cool: she got used to it an is fine now /emoticons/biggrin.png

so am i but it gets very hard at times:devil:

actually thinking of one woman....yes she left the door open slightly too, also heard her on the phone....i wasnt far away...oh i haven't had a good sh..ag..lately..but me a gentleman too...what a mug i am...:rolleyes:

nce one tuffers get in there me bird u will soon have the lot once they all c gleaming windows an fraims on the first, i have a small estate wich ive allmost took over the other guy is trad an broke some tiles so i have picked up a few jobs frm him every time i go there i get 1 or to more im trying to get the lot lol :cool:
there are some elephants in this game....seen some today ...every step a cracked slate....oops no not me a new job:)

so am i but it gets very hard at times:devil:
actually thinking of one woman....yes she left the door open slightly too, also heard her on the phone....i wasnt far away...oh i haven't had a good sh..ag..lately..but me a gentleman too...what a mug i am...:rolleyes:
Might have to start calling you robin askwith;)

Good job tuffers, I really should do more of this myself as there is a lot of new buildings popping up here. I found that people are very grateful on the building sites as all the machinery driving past and working nearby kicks up a lot of ****.

Good job tuffers, I really should do more of this myself as there is a lot of new buildings popping up here. I found that people are very grateful on the building sites as all the machinery driving past and working nearby kicks up a lot of ****.
I have my eye on a development of I think 10 barn type properties going up too. They are off the beaten track and out in the sticks. I missed out on a 6 house development not long back, I canvassed, leafleted, leafleted again, canvassed again. Then all of a sudden all of the houses had clean windows, well not quite clean, my trained eye saw that whoever had cleaned didn't rinse at the top of the glass. I'd love to know who snuck in on that lot.

Back