Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Wanted To Share This..my Fill Methods.

Goldoak

My tap tds is 43 / 44.ppm..very soft..thankfully. .judging what I've read on forums. .

I have a spent di bottle in the hose line running the garden path thtat dropes it to around 40ppm.then in enters my van. Goes through the pre particle filter and on to the 2x 40/40 ro membranes I can measure the ppm as it comes out of the ro membranes and for sure its on 000. It then goes in the the di bottle.11 lt before dropping inside the tanks...my water has been on 000 for over 18 months and I use 750 lts a day.

Iv bn told in the past that this setup will keep 000 for an outstanding 4 years...I'll wait and see..to help get even better results. My system can flush and fill at the same time giving even more time at 000..

I would recommend this to everyone as it aint cost a penny to run yet...

My ppm is about the same.. I only use 11lt di, which I got approx 5 months out of it before having to change the resin.. I now use approx 1000 lts a week now so I expect to change around 3/4 months ish

i dont know, i thought i would need 3 to reduce the water, sick of all the resin i am going through

in a catch 22, i can get my water for free but cant put a ro there, can put a ro in my house, but water cost a fortune down here

Put a di bottle in ur hose line in garden and a carbon filter before ur tank and other di bottle in ur van..u can them from any fish or garden centre. .wyvale or something. .

This sounds like a great idea for me, i have 090ppm outa the tap, my DI is working well at the mo and dropping that too 000, but this could prolong the life of the resin , any chance of helping out a newbie and letting me know what i need too get to set this up in my van cheers

My tap tds is 43 / 44.ppm..very soft..thankfully. .judging what I've read on forums. .I have a spent di bottle in the hose line running the garden path thtat dropes it to around 40ppm.then in enters my van. Goes through the pre particle filter and on to the 2x 40/40 ro membranes I can measure the ppm as it comes out of the ro membranes and for sure its on 000. It then goes in the the di bottle.11 lt before dropping inside the tanks...my water has been on 000 for over 18 months and I use 750 lts a day.

Iv bn told in the past that this setup will keep 000 for an outstanding 4 years...I'll wait and see..to help get even better results. My system can flush and fill at the same time giving even more time at 000..

I would remove the DI Vessel prior to your membranes as at that reading it could have a negative effect. Resin will work to a certain point but as you get closer to your tap ppm it starts to throwing out minerals that it has absorbed in the past.

Depending on how your RO has been set up yes they could last upto 4 years on your ppm but if set up another way one of your membranes will last less.

Was thinking of getting a twin 4040 ro setup myself so have you got any pics how it is setup also link to where you got the kit from would be very helpfull, Many thanks /emoticons/smile.png

My tap tds is 43 / 44.ppm..very soft..thankfully. .judging what I've read on forums. .I have a spent di bottle in the hose line running the garden path thtat dropes it to around 40ppm.then in enters my van. Goes through the pre particle filter and on to the 2x 40/40 ro membranes I can measure the ppm as it comes out of the ro membranes and for sure its on 000. It then goes in the the di bottle.11 lt before dropping inside the tanks...my water has been on 000 for over 18 months and I use 750 lts a day.

Smurf this is just a basic DIY set up that we sell and we can do modified systems to suit customers needs. However we will sell to them what we feel is best suited and not over kill the product to gain more money.

In the new year we will be launching portable 40 Ro Systems which will be a fraction of the cost which you see being sold for between £3k - £7k.

http://www.daqua.co.uk/ro_systems.htm

If you have your own pre filter housing then you could still use them. But what I would say they have to be 3/8 ports and above as the 1/4 port will restrict the flow getting to the 4040 membrane.

I'll get my head around all this one day, all these different systems confuse the hell out of me (I know that's not hard...before anyone says it /emoticons/tongue.png ).

I'll be looking for something in the early part of next year...or sooner hopefully /emoticons/wink.png .

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it. Advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website.

Our website also relies on advertising to keep the doors open and the lights on!

For the best site experience, please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock