Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Black Marks From Window Seals?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jez86

Hey, was cleaning some windows today (first clean) and the window seals got black smears on the windows, I know this is oxidation or something and not much I can do about it but what's the best thing to clean it off? Anyone have any tips? The PVC already had quite a lot on and would be nice to get the windows white again for the customer!? Thanks

Everbuild Pvc Solvent its about £3/£4 a bottle. Eats that black stuff for breakfast.
Yeah good stuff that mate, i used to use the cream cleaner and found not half as good as the solvent

Yeah good stuff that mate' date=' i used to use the cream cleaner and found not half as good as the solvent[/quote']Used some today, like an idiot forgot to wash my hands. About 2 hours later took my contacts out!

I kid you not, i also had a tiny spot on my neck. I picked while driving. I thought i had been shot lol Jesus i cried on the way home lol

you wont get rid of the black **** that comes off the black seals, not very often happens but just use a different small scrim to detail, you will get marks on scrim but not your main scrim,, just fit an xtra pouch on the back for xtra cloth., every customer is 1 less for the competition to get seen on the block.

Hmmm, can't say how I do it as this is a trad section :rolleyes: Anyhow some things are best kept secret as never know who is on here /emoticons/biggrin.png

Back