Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Embarrassing Moment :)

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Neil

I cleaned a customers house and i did not realise she was a jahovas witness , at the end of the job i said "hope you have a nice christmas " she turned round a said " i don't celebrate christmas and please don't say that again " !!

Lol how was i suppose to know lolol

good job you didnt have a santas hat on and tinsil around your pole! lol

should of knocked on the door and started talking about it etc thats what they do about there stuff! lol

You should have started preaching to her about it.

But seriously, I didn't know jahovas witness didn't celebrate Christmas. Its a bit of an over reaction to take offence, with such a common statement. Surely, regardless of her believes she has enough intellect to realise that you were only being polite.

When I first started working for royal mail I was delivering a load of cards to a guys house, he came to the door and I said "oh arn't you the popular one today, is it your birthday?" "No" he said "my wife's just died". Christ I just wanted the ground to open up and swallow me whole.

When I first started working for royal mail I was delivering a load of cards to a guys house, he came to the door and I said "oh arn't you the popular one today, is it your birthday?" "No" he said "my wife's just died". Christ I just wanted the ground to open up and swallow me whole.
Ahhh man I feel for you on that one

Makes me laugh because now im only going to say happy christmas to the people who have decorations up

You should have started preaching to her about it.

But seriously, I didn't know jahovas witness didn't celebrate Christmas. Its a bit of an over reaction to take offence, with such a common statement. Surely, regardless of her believes she has enough intellect to realise that you were only being polite.
Wedding anniversaries are all they celebrate that I know of, my folks moved halfway across the US to be closer to my sister and her family (just a few blocks away in the same town) then sis and her family join the j-ws, Puts a damper on things when you want to celebrate holidays with your grand kids, and they all leave town during those times.

Back