Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cracked A Pane :(

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Donny

2nd house this morning, upvc double glazing, on about our 3rd window ( kitchen) when i heard a crack, front pane off the double glazing unit had a crack from top too bottom, cudnae believe it, checked water temp, set half way so not hot, checked air temp , it was 1*C , no probs on any other windows on same house, could only have been thermal shock i reckon, but didnt seem that cold , what can you do , phoned a local glazier and told him too fix it, told punter and she was really good about it, kinda made me worry for rest off day but we didnt have any issues, funny thing was we were cleaning last week in - temps with no problems , aw well

Aint got bill yet, but double glazed unit gonna be ouch pounds lol , dunno if glass was already damaged RC didnt notice any marks before we cleaned , ill let youe know what bill was.

Aint got bill yet, but double glazed unit gonna be ouch pounds lol , dunno if glass was already damaged RC didnt notice any marks before we cleaned , ill let youe know what bill was.
depends, do you know they guy? or is it some random guy you phoned?

I have repaced glass before for people and i got the glass units made from £10-£25.

Sorry to hear that Donny...You are the first that I know of that this has happened to using warm water.

When I'm cleaning cold glass I always check/monitor with a hand held tds what temp the water is coming out at the brush jets so can adjust the heater accordingly if need be. /emoticons/wink.png

If you are running with a 100m hose then the temp from cold can take a while to come through. So instead of wasting pure for the temp to stabilise you can always run it with the pole disconnected back into the tank and/or backpack/container if you want. I've also found a water heater comes in very handy to fill my trad bucket with warm/hot pure water also my chem sprayers too. /emoticons/wink.png

Yes i made a wee bit of hose up from clear brush hose with quick release fittings that i simply attach to my reel instead off the wfp and i just pop that back to my tank till water in reel warms up, i usually fun the reel up too temp before i leave in morning /emoticons/biggrin.png i will check what temp the water is running at tomorrow, it dissnae seem too hot though.

Latest Posts

Back