Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Rewarding recommendations

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Damo

Still on the fence about this one.

If a customer recommends you, do you reward them?

I currently do with a £10 voucher as its cheaper than giving a free clean.

But I dunno if I should even bother. Do customers appreciate it ?

Posted from my iPhone

Still on the fence about this one.
If a customer recommends you, do you reward them?

Posted from my iPhone
In my short time in the buisness I don't think many give a damn about you so u think the tenner would be better in your pocket (that's just my opinion )

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

They have to have 3/4 cleans to get this £10 I should say.

One customer has got £70 now in vouchers. But it's worth it I guess Coz they are all in one street BUT these odd ones. Hmmmmmm

Posted from my iPhone

what vouchers u give em Damo? £70!:eek: shes been workin hard for ya/herself.:laugh:

Nice van setup btw. very nice! checked one of your vids on youtube earlier:cool:

I think it's good to reward them they didn't have to recommend you they don't that out of good nature. I think a lot of customers could easily get whole streets for us but probably can't be bothered and just don't care. I always give them a discount off the next clean if they get me a referral.

I let them think they are getting something for nothing, odd time some would say clean my kitchen window and for the sake of 30 seconds I wouldn't charge them. Only on certain customers I'd do this tho. Have found some have started to take the **** and ask nearly every time now

thats a cool idea [to give the vouchers] i think id mention that in every advert and on leaflets

I found that problem at the start, and I've only been out myself since September, but certain people asking all the time for little extras!!!! (And not in a good way haha) now just tell them I don't have time or I can do them at a later date, for ££££'s

I let them think they are getting something for nothing, odd time some would say clean my kitchen window and for the sake of 30 seconds I wouldn't charge them. Only on certain customers I'd do this tho. Have found some have started to take the **** and ask nearly every time now
Got a couple of those, one always wants the kitchen window cleaning inside and on one occasion she asked about the black marks on the door frame where the kids shoes scuff against the UPVC. I told her cream cleaner and a scotchbrite would probably get it off. She comes back and hands me a scotchbrite and bottle of Ciff cream. I did the front door and cleaned the windows, when I got round the back she started pointing out marks on the back door as well. This particular woman is completely mad so I let her get away with it.

My other canyoujuster is an old dear that wants the moss sweeping off her garage roof every visit and Friday asked me to wash a little bit of cladding under a bedroom window. She used to ask for her gutters to be checked/emptied quite frequently (probably because my predecessor used to do it for free). I charged her £15 and she doesn't ask anymore. Last visit I told her I was putting a pound on everyone's cleans (which I'm not) to allow for future liberties.

I had a good one the other day. @daveyboy1 knows this customer too.

I'd been round to clean her upvc cladding and windows. Just as I was packing up she asked if I could "run my brush" over her polycarbonate roof on the lean-to at the back of her house. She said that her and her husband had cleaned it but couldn't reach it all.

I had a quick look and told her it would be £20. She almost choked and said "oh, I thought you might just do it for nothing as you're here".

I told her it would take me a good twenty minutes or so and I couldn't do it for nothing. She said she'd get her husband to have another go at it.

Still on the fence about this one.If a customer recommends you, do you reward them?

Posted from my iPhone
If your using this £10 as a carrot to get them to recommend you as part of your strategy to grow your business, then imho that's fine. But if you are giving them £10 after they have recommended you, so it's a surprise "thank you" then I think your throwing money away.

Back