Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van Insurance

Cheers for the heads up with A plan, My Brov in law told me about this too, got a years policy for £390 + the £80 extra for van, not sure if i'm gonna take this yet!

Just go with Commercial Vehicles Direct. All this if you have an accident you get a window cleaning van for free is bolx . first you have to go and get it yoursellf and it could be be hundreds of miles away. And you have to deliver it back.When you get it the pump is not working and somebody has switched the controller. Second, if the ONE van is already out thats tough, read the small print.

Uninsured losses covers you for about £12 a year for loss of earnings and hire of an alternative vehicle. Better to claim 100%for loss of earnings and make private arrangement on the quiet for a spare van. god you blokes are nieve, where have you been? This is like groundhog day, all this stuff was on "other forums" years ago

Just go with Commercial Vehicles Direct. All this if you have an accident you get a window cleaning van for free is bolx . first you have to go and get it yoursellf and it could be be hundreds of miles away. And you have to deliver it back.When you get it the pump is not working and somebody has switched the controller. Second, if the ONE van is already out thats tough, read the small print.
Uninsured losses covers you for about £12 a year for loss of earnings and hire of an alternative vehicle. Better to claim 100%for loss of earnings and make private arrangement on the quiet for a spare van. god you blokes are nieve, where have you been? This is like groundhog day, all this stuff was on "other forums" years ago

Unsure what you mean about the uninsured losses being 12%....

Who is paying that 12%??? Your insurers? Don't think so...they'll pay 0%

If Someone else is at fault then their Insurers pay 100%

Unsure what you mean about the uninsured losses being 12%....

Who is paying that 12%??? Your insurers? Don't think so...they'll pay 0%

If Someone else is at fault then their Insurers pay 100%
Not 12%, £12. When you take out your policy on your vehicle it doesn't cover you for claiming any other expenses like loss of earnings, hire of another vehicle etc, So you take out a second policy called "uninsured losses" and that claims back your losses, expenses and compo. they also claim back the excess on your main policy which you may still have to pay even though its not your fault and they do that on the second policy which costs you about £12.

Don't be taken in by these schemes that offer you a free van fitted out for WFP, I have no experience of them myself but others who have say its not all its cracked up to be. Better to sit at home and claim loss of earnings

You don't need to pay £12 mate. Every insurance company I know of have or work with a accident management company, so when its not

Your fault just ask them if you can deal with their recommended accident management company. Or source one online, there are millions. And they don't charge.

It's like legal cover aswell..... There is not point as If you have an accident that's not your fault, your solicitors will buy something that's called "after the event cover" and charge the other insurers for it.

Back