Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Another Wfp Company Charging Extortionate Prices In Leeds

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Squeak and Bubbles

One of my residential customers rung me asking if I had sold my round to another window cleaning company, as they were cleaning her windows. They put a slip through her letterbox charging £14.00 for a small through terrace ( it's only got 6 windows) I charge £7.00, and only takes no more than 5 mins to do. Talking to other window cleaners in the area, they said they have heard of this window cleaning company charging extortionate rates. £25 for a 3 bed semi without a con. I charge between £10-£12 depending if they have bay windows or not.

There getting the work too, at rip off prices...

The way I view it there doing us a favor charging those prices. As I have already taken some work off them due to there rates. Don't know how anyone is willing to allow a window cleaner to charge that much money. What a rip off!

But did the bill get paid?

It now seems quite normal around here for some to charge £15-£20 per clean for 3 bed semi/detached houses. Anyhow I suppose if you don’t ask you don’t get,,,,

If its a big 3 bedroom semi with velux windows and a lot of windows then I would charge a max of £16.00, but not £25. Don't get me wrong, I also have other properties 4,5 and even 6 bedrooms that I charge from £25-up to £40.00 for the six bedroom with a small con, takes me 50 mins to clean, however no doubt the other window cleaning company would be charging double what I and others in my area would charge.

Like I said before you can work smarter or harder your choice. As long as customers are happy with the quality of your work and willing to pay why not charge more... /emoticons/biggrin.png

7.,00 in midlands ?

woah thats how much i charge down here am in north /emoticons/tongue.png

Back