Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Backpack With 100M Hose

Joe

As im looking towards upgrading things on a monthly basis, i have been looking at ways to improve my way of working.

Rather than lugging back pack on trolley around with me, has anyone used a backpack combined with 100m hose? Im thinking if i know i wont be using more than 20L of water, if i fill backpack ready for the job, i could just walk the hose out.

Has anyone done anything similar?

As im looking towards upgrading things on a monthly basis, i have been looking at ways to improve my way of working.

Rather than lugging back pack on trolley around with me, has anyone used a backpack combined with 100m hose? Im thinking if i know i wont be using more than 20L of water, if i fill backpack ready for the job, i could just walk the hose out.

Has anyone done anything similar?
Defeats the purpose of a backpack though. Remember with a hose it will get caught on stuff, then you have to reel it all back in.

Yes but I can still use it as a backpack as and when. Just picking up quite a few jobs where it would be quicker/ easier to unreel/ reel in hose than lift trolley and push it around. Either way i still have to go back to van for water when its empty and this saves lugging water containers to & fro. Im thinking get hose and then when more funds 400 ltr tank and pump etc. just an idea at mo, interested to hear other peoples opinions so thanks mate.

Yes but I can still use it as a backpack as and when. Just picking up quite a few jobs where it would be quicker/ easier to unreel/ reel in hose than lift trolley and push it around. Either way i still have to go back to van for water when its empty and this saves lugging water containers to & fro. Im thinking get hose and then when more funds 400 ltr tank and pump etc. just an idea at mo, interested to hear other peoples opinions so thanks mate.
Ahh you said you would use less than 20lts of water in the topic. If your using more I would go with the hose, not because its quicker but its a pain in the as.s carrying 20/25litres of water around a house lol.

Thats why I switched, well that and never had enough water for the jobs I was doing

backpack pump are not designed to pump the water throught that much hose. you will put to much strain on it and will end up burning it out.

backpack pump are not designed to pump the water throught that much hose. you will put to much strain on it and will end up burning it out.
Good point, I understand you need a 100psi ideally? This is 80 psi, will it make that much difference?

you can use 80 psi pumps, but the backpack pumps is only a small one and its only designed to pump a small distance.

most guys use 100psi shurflo ones.

Even if it does work, you'll burn the pump out so much quicker that you'll be spending a fortune on. We pumps, not to mention what if it fails in the morning an you got 10 jobs to do that day, you'll be screwed.

I wouldn't risk it mate

not to mention what if it fails in the morning an you got 10 jobs to do that day, you'll be screwed.

I wouldn't risk it mate
this is the reason why i habe installed 2 pumps in my van!

shurflo 100psi pumps are the best pumps on the market... their reliable and do the job day in and day out

shurflo 100psi pumps are the best pumps on the market... their reliable and do the job day in and day out
No doubt mate.

But they were not designed for 100m and like anything, push it beyond its limit and it will break sooner

back pack pump iv used two on 100m 6mm and its the microw swich gives up 9muths out of each and a therd in a back pack and it whentn on for years back pack not on hose 100m ,and best pump is flowjet .

back pack pump iv used two on 100m 6mm and its the microw swich gives up 9muths out of each and a therd in a back pack and it whentn on for years back pack not on hose 100m ,and best pump is flowjet .
Sorry dude, cant make sense of the last half, not meaning to be rude

shurflo is better then flowjet ? are u sure flowjet is the best pump mate ? shurflo is deisgned for wfp

Also backpack is designed to carry with u not to be used with 100mm hose

Back