Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning Gutters in the rain with a Vac

WCF

Help Support WCF:

T

Tony Hall

Hi all,

Stupid question really but I want to ask the guys who use a Vacuum to clean guttering, what do you do when you have a job and it rains ? I know that its pointless when its pouring down as its a danger with the electrics but what about light rain. I did think about using a pop up gazebo as I don't want to keep turning down jobs because of the British weather so any tips you could give me would be brill./emoticons/wink.png

I assumed it and the cable would be waterproof considering its a wet and dry vac and so would be designed to be around moisture when in use anyway, so I'd still use it if not windy etc, same as diwrnach does

Thanks guys for all your advice, have ordered a waterproof socket as well as a waterproof cover for using the genny in the rain.:thumbsup:

When I first started I used to use a genny, these days I just arrange for them to be in, much easier lol

My customers seem to want to be in anyway to see the work being done as it's not pocket change money.

If they ever ask, I'd say the added cost of a generator would add far more to the bill than a 2000w vac for 20 minutes

Hi all,
Stupid question really but I want to ask the guys who use a Vacuum to clean guttering, what do you do when you have a job and it rains ? I know that its pointless when its pouring down as its a danger with the electrics but what about light rain. I did think about using a pop up gazebo as I don't want to keep turning down jobs because of the British weather so any tips you could give me would be brill./emoticons/wink.png
I speak for my own vac here but I guess most are fully waterproof, the motor on/off switches are also under a plastic cover, no problem at all using in the rain, **** comes out better with some rain too /emoticons/wink.png

I speak for my own vac here but I guess most are fully waterproof, the motor on/off switches are also under a plastic cover, no problem at all using in the rain, **** comes out better with some rain too /emoticons/wink.png
Hey Trev, I though if it gets really heavy with rain I could attach my big sports direct umbrella to the frame using plastic ties, I could charge sports direct for having advertising on the job...what do you think.:thumbsup:

Hey Trev, I though if it gets really heavy with rain I could attach my big sports direct umbrella to the frame using plastic ties, I could charge sports direct for having advertising on the job...what do you think.:thumbsup:
Yeh go for it @Tony Hall would sure look the part :laugh:

Just bleached and jet washed Bertha after 2 gutter clear jobs over the past couple of days she was very smelly, dried her off and put her away in the shed for the weekend off.

Back