Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning in different areas.

WCF

Help Support WCF:

harunh

I live in place where theirs two big towns within 6 miles of me in the opposite direction.

All my work is in 1 town. i wanted to get in to this area from day 1 and its worked out well at the moment

But on the other side of town i got 2 jobs 1 commercial (taxi office) and 1 domestic ( a flat above a high street barbers ) - these are both fort***hly every monday

i got another job today in the same town once every 4 weeks.... and fitted it in the same schedule as these.... :huh: I want to fill that day up to 15 customers :huh: then the other monday i want to do the same. Theirs no point in driving on 1 side of town for 2 jobs then all the way 2 the other town which is 12 miles adrift.... to do more jobs... so i am goign to canvass in this town to make my shcedule up :huh:

So i try and keep all my work within 1 mile from eachother each day :huh:

On the other side of town i got 36 customers out of 39... and its all compact and all the houses are close together just a 1 minute drive from each house /emoticons/smile.png so am really happy so far

Do any of you have all your work in a day within 1 mile ?

Or do u travel alot?

90% would be within a 3 mile rAdius of my house and it's pretty compact. I do have 1 day a month I drive 20miles to do a days work and another about 12 miles away.. I have days where I drive 2 miles and walk all day.. And then all the loner days where it's do 1 drive do 1 drive but they set so it's only 2-3 mins drive in between

good stuff belfast.. and 20 miles ! you must make some good money to drive that far :huh: lol

Im new so my round is still all over the shot to be honest but as soon as i have enough customers in each area i will put them all in the same slots .

Gav it is better to start doing it now.... from now on when u get a new customer.... put them in the schedule that suits you.... it will save you petrol money at the end of the day... make your round really compact and you will be laughing mate :huh:

I got a customer today and for it to suit me i had to book her on a week on monday... thats like 9 days time i explained to her i will clean your windows in 9 days time then from then i will be around evry 4 weeks :huh: and she was really happy with that :huh:

Most of my work is within about 10 minutes drive from my home, spread over three towns which is on each others doorstep. If you are working in various towns, then doing customers every two weeks is not an option. I had a few like that when we worked on a scheduling system. But when I changed over I made them every 4 weeks, because I didn't want to have to drive from one end of the round to the other to do a £5 job. That would be pointless. So now I just do customers when we are in that area, new customers just have to wait until we get there, if they want added in.

If I am canvassing I always try to canvass on the areas, that I will be doing over the next few days.

Gav it is better to start doing it now.... from now on when u get a new customer.... put them in the schedule that suits you.... it will save you petrol money at the end of the day... make your round really compact and you will be laughing mate /emoticons/biggrin.png

I got a customer today and for it to suit me i had to book her on a week on monday... thats like 9 days time i explained to her i will clean your windows in 9 days time then from then i will be around evry 4 weeks /emoticons/biggrin.png and she was really happy with that /emoticons/smile.png
When I get a new customer I don't like to leave them that long, I'll fit them in asap and then slot them in the rounds somewhere. I'll just explain why and when ie:- all my new jobs last week which is week 1 are close to jobs on week 2 which is this week so I just told them all, I'll be back every 4 weeks usually but next time only will be 5 weeks because of fitting you into the right slot.

I have went canvassing and wasn't due for another 3 weeks, they were fine with it. But I usually try to canvass the area the week before I'm due round

I try to keep most of my customers together in a 4 mile raduis of my house when I first started in Manchester i was going all over the place which was a pain. Keep canvassing the areas you already have customers in and it will save you money in the long run

I try to keep most of my customers together in a 4 mile raduis of my house when I first started in Manchester i was going all over the place which was a pain. Keep canvassing the areas you already have customers in and it will save you money in the long run
thats what i do /emoticons/smile.png makes your round more compact and saves a lot of time aswell mate

Back