Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Messsy Here

WCF

Help Support WCF:

messsy

Hi ive joined the forum as it looks like a great place to harvest information and advice from experienced people.

Im at a loose end as my ex-boss decided to.... Well i dont work for him now so i am setting up on my own.

I have over 14 years experience using traditional methods but after working for my ex-boss i can see the future is with wfp systems.

Im due to get a van monday either an astra van or a belingo, i will know monday for sure.

I have funds rerady to set up but looking at a cheaper option for now.

My home TDS reading is 182 so im thinking RO with DI vessel in the van (no storage at home)

I supose im looking for a bit of input from members to maybe make some sugestions before i start purchasing items.

Main questions would be:

Will i need DI vessel with TDS at 182

Will i need an RO as well as a DI with TDS at 182

Would i need a pump before the RO/DI? as ild have a shurflo 100psi after

Thanks to anyone that will help out or sugest things and glad to meet you all

I'll let more experienced wfp'ers answer ya questions mate but welcome to the forum the lads won't be far behind me with lots of good advice.

Welcome to the forum.. 182 can be done using di vessels, but if you are using wfp mainly you will be using a lot of water, so an ro will be much more cost effective for producing pure water..

I don't use ro so can't answer the last!!

Hi welcome to the forum,

You will only need a Booster pump before the RO membrane if your tap water pressure from main supply is low (below 25psi)

Although low pressure membranes will work as low as that they are rated at 80psi for best performance.

I run 2 inline at 60psi with no problems and with running 2 x 40 inch inline there is low waste water. maybe 5% waste if that, so if your on a meter this is the best way.

Your Tds reading is still classed as soft water so you can use a soft water valve and get a 50% Ro / 50% waste output on your RO. From 1 x 40 inch membrane.

Hard water valve would be 35% RO / 65% waste.

GO to Gardiner pole systems valves are sold there.

Hope that all makes sense...

Greetings. Astra van is what I got. Only prob I have with it it's long & low so keep banging me heard on the boot when it's up. Ok if yer 5ft nothing.

Thanks all for comments im starting to get a more clear picture /emoticons/biggrin.png

Hi welcome to the forum,
I run 2 inline at 60psi with no problems and with running 2 x 40 inch inline there is low waste water. maybe 5% waste if that, so if your on a meter this is the best way.

Your Tds reading is still classed as soft water so you can use a soft water valve and get a 50% Ro / 50% waste output on your RO. From 1 x 40 inch membrane.

Hard water valve would be 35% RO / 65% waste.
This bit i got lost a little /emoticons/unsure.png if you could rephrase that it would help - dont forget i plan to filter straight from the tank in my van

Greetings. Astra van is what I got. Only prob I have with it it's long & low so keep banging me heard on the boot when it's up. Ok if yer 5ft nothing.
What size tank have you got? a 250? any chance you could snap a picture of your setup so i can mainly see the tank position please. The astra van is my prefered van but it comes down to space
Looking forward to the help guys, may even offer you a free clean lol

If your filling the van with tap water and filtering str8 from the tank in the van, DI will be your only option. If your not using much water it will be ok cost wise, but the more water you produce the more resin costs will start to build up.

If you plan to get busy work wise with your tds of 183, RO will be the only option to keep water production costs down. Although the outlay will be higher to start with.

People who use DI will be able to help you more with set up of that in the van.

I use a static RO only as it comes out at 000- 001 from my tds of 090 and is filtered str8 into the van at night (i just use a 10 inch DI vessel) which gets refilled about NEVER.

I have a small van as well, (vaux combo)

My main advice is avoid the astra van and get the berlingo.

Its a nightmare working from a small van some times, god only knows what it must be like from an astra van!

Posh?

Thanks all for comments im starting to get a more clear picture /emoticons/biggrin.png

This bit i got lost a little /emoticons/unsure.png if you could rephrase that it would help - dont forget i plan to filter straight from the tank in my van

What size tank have you got? a 250? any chance you could snap a picture of your setup so i can mainly see the tank position please. The astra van is my prefered van but it comes down to space

Looking forward to the help guys, may even offer you a free clean lol
Would do but trad

Thanks all for your help, so what is the problem with using an RO in the van? i accept i can only use a DI but woundered the limitation on the RO

(just ordered a 4 stage RO with DI vessel inbuilt which is taking 270 tds to 0 tds)

As for the van it will be a belingo so im now looking for a suitable tank, obv prefer a larger tank now so i can fill it up to last a couple of days so if anyone knows if a 500litre is a good idea. or can i go bigger considering ill have ladders ect

By the way google is my best friend and i do search for answers but, you guys are saving my ass thank god!

Why cant i use an RO 'on the fly'?

Is 500litre suitable for the berlingo?

you can use RO to fill whilst out, aslong as you have use of customers tap and take the relevant connections to hook up.

But depending on the quality of your RO and pressure input, fill times for 250 litres could be hours.

the reason you are getting 000ppm from 270 is not because of the RO------- the RO will bring it down and some can get it to zero depending on input tds and quality of RO

But it is the DI resin the 4th stage of your system that will polish off the remaining ions

at start i will not be using all 250 litres so i will fill my tank at my house with tap water --> use an 80psi pump to an RO/DI (as long as its tds 000) --> Then controller --> Then 100 psi pump --> Clean Glass

would that work? the bit im unsure of is the two pumps at different psi on the same line

Welcome mate

U can use 2x di vessels /emoticons/smile.png i use 1 abd my ppm is 106 /emoticons/smile.png

Ill earn about 1500 kwid before spending another 80 kwid on resin

My prices are low average is 7 kwid

But im gona double up soon

at start i will not be using all 250 litres so i will fill my tank at my house with tap water --> use an 80psi pump to an RO/DI (as long as its tds 000) --> Then controller --> Then 100 psi pump --> Clean Glass
would that work? the bit im unsure of is the two pumps at different psi on the same line
Do you live any where near Sheffield?
You could come have a look at mine and it would be easier to show you than try and explain.

im in birmingham so quite a way, so greatful for the offer though thanks

so would i need a pump before the di vessels? as well as a 100psi pump after?

im in birmingham so quite a way, so greatful for the offer though thanks
so would i need a pump before the di vessels? as well as a 100psi pump after?
No.
But you have bought an RO with inbuilt DI vessel so need to purify into the tank before you go to work ie night before. The water in your tank will be de ionised and one pump is required to get it to your reels and poles.

If you just had a bigger DI vessel in the van you could fill with tap water and pump through that. One pump needed after the DI vessel. The water will be pumped from the tank through the di and to your reels and pole.

i must be thick because i am still unsure how to use an RO in the van, So if i purify my water in the van over night i would need a 80psi pump to optomize the RO system filling the tank.

then ild need a large 11litre DI vessel with a pump before AND after

If you just had a bigger DI vessel in the van you could fill with tap water and pump through that. One pump needed after the DI vessel. The water will be pumped from the tank through the di and to your reels and pole.
So its not possible to use an RO/DI while working now?

People just fit RO to the van because of stroage issues usually and its easier to get the water from it into the tank in the van.

once the water is in the tank they then pump it through the DI vessel to polish off last ions

It goes like this. Tap water (no pump) - pre filters - RO membrane - str8 into tank - so now RO is in the tank probs between 001 and 010 ppm - then tank outlet is connected to DI vessel with your pump after it. this will draw water from the tank through the DI making the water 000ppm to your reel and pole.

or like what you`ve bought

Tap water (no pump) - pre filters - RO and DI vessel- water going into tank will be 000ppm, tank outlet to a pump which goes to reels and poles

Thankyou /emoticons/biggrin.png Really helpful

Fully understand !

Ill order a small DI vessel to sit in the van on stand by in case tds levels increase, it wont be hard to employ a bypass valve

Well thanks to all for all info and help, ill be sure to post up my findings and a few pics of my setup

Latest Posts

Back