Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Bit of advice please!

Yes that's if they have an outside tap. Personally If customers don't have an outside tap I don't do the job as would be way to much faffing around otherwise.
Cheers smurf, how do you apply your hypo watering can or sprayer

My prefered method is to mix the 15-20% hypo 1-1 with adding the water first to a window cleaners bucket. Then using a chepo car wash brush attached to a harris pole just dip the brush in the bucket and just brush it over the surface.

My prefered method is to mix the 15-20% hypo 1-1 with adding the water first to a window cleaners bucket. Then using a chepo car wash brush attached to a harris pole just dip the brush in the bucket and just brush it over the surface.
Hmmm never tried that way before, obviously you get good results, may practice this method tomorrow on my decking

I started doing that way to wash painted walls down. Now do it that way on patios etc now too as I find it works well for me.

Mind how you go on using strong hypo on decking as can damage the wood if not careful

I started doing that way to wash painted walls down. Now do it that way on patios etc now too as I find it works well for me.
Mind how you go on using strong hypo on decking as can damage the wood if not careful
Yeah I've used it a few times but only ever mix it 1/3

hi diwtnach theres no overkill with a 21 lpm washer , especially if you want to run a fsc as theres 2 nozzles on it and the pressure is split . im using a 21lpm washer for the last few years and its very fast on small domestic jobs . the bigger the pump means the faster you will finish a job

i also meant to mention that last year i done an old tarmac tennis court with a 21lpm and turbo nozzle and it worked out a good job ,but took 2 days to do . personally i wouldnt go near any of the modern day surfaces with a lance

i also meant to mention that last year i done an old tarmac tennis court with a 21lpm and turbo nozzle and it worked out a good job ,but took 2 days to do . personally i wouldnt go near any of the modern day surfaces with a lance
Thanks for that, I am hoping it is a concrete court as I think I will take that on and like you say be fine with a turbo nozzle, any other surface is a no go though.

I can do very small jobs as I carry 600 litres in the van but without a water supply to top up the buffer tanks only give me a total run time of less than 40 mins using a 15 lpm washer.

I did one job where they didn't have an outside tap, used a bowser, but it was still a nightmare of added complication, I would turn jobs down now if they didn't have a tap.

I can do very small jobs as I carry 600 litres in the van but without a water supply to top up the buffer tanks only give me a total run time of less than 40 mins using a 15 lpm washer.
Yep that is the problem, we had to keep popping off to top it up.

There is no way for poxy jobs I'm going to pay a stupid amount of money to rent a standpipe and lic from my water board thats for sure.

tennis courts are bigg... do what I do quote a big price and if they game to pay it im game to do it there are places were u can rent the rotary part out I did at start then forked out to buy my own.. also 15 litres is loads as drainage will be pushed at that and some garden taps won feed it fast enough

Latest Posts

Back